PlugShare acquired by EVgo

Discussion in 'General' started by electriceddy, Jul 15, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The go to e-mobility software company (Recargo) has been purchased for $25 million in cash.
    PlugShare (created by Recargo in 2009) now has an estimated 3 million unique driver app downloads worldwide and is the go to app for finding and choosing EV charging.
    https://www.evgo.com/press-release/evgo-and-recargo-join-forces-to-accelerate-ev-market-growth/
    For myself, and probably most EV drivers on this planet, I hope they don't change too much.
    PWPS (Pay with PlugShare) capability will be accepted into the EVgo network opening the platform to other charge providers.:)

mho and FloridaSun like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. gonzogeezer

gonzogeezer New Member

Just so long as they don’t force an evgo preference anywhere in the product. The independent, user sourced information has always been its strong suit.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Goggle is waiting in the wings:
    upload_2021-7-16_1-41-3.png

There is also "A better route planner." And then there is the built-in Tesla navigation map.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  5. I like ABRP for figuring out distance and mapping a long-distance drive, but PlugShare has been awesome for its user comments and photos that help me find the exact location (and helping determine if a unit is working or not, etc).

Esprit1st, Clamps, gooki and 4 others like this.
  6. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Tesla map only has Tesla chargers.. I wish that it would also show Chademo.. I do have the adapter..

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Asking navigation for known L2 vendors could help but I haven’t tested ‘navigate to ChargePoint’. I've used 'show red roof inn' to see the available Red Roof Inn, pet friendly motel chain.

Hummm, ‘show j21772’ might work. Need to test.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  9. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

I just hope they don't f*** it up. In my non-EV professional life I've seen unhappy instances of software/app vendors being bought out and the new owners wrecking a good product. Keeping my fingers crossed.

gonzogeezer likes this.