Audio Question: Fader/Balance

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by bill_m, Jul 11, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bill_m

bill_m Member

Hi,
    In the three years enjoying my car, I have yet to have occasion to fiddle with the audio Fader/Balance business, which I only recently discovered. I am already accused of spending far too much of my time pressing buttons and fiddling around with the controls while driving.

So I would very much appreciate it if someone would come up with legitimate reasons why I need to spend more time playing with yet another screen.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

It's good to keep the speakers in the back seat off if you're carrying a dog and want to try to annoy them a tad bit less.

4. Left and right adjustments are generally unnecessary unless you are running a check to verify that all speakers are functioning properly. Front and rear adjustments can be made to suit individual preferences. In my experience, the front speakers emit more treble and the rear speakers emit more bass. Using the fader can add a bit more refinement to the bass and treble adjustments. It probably isn’t worth fussing with once set unless you switch to a drastically different type of music or change from music to talk radio or a baseball game.

JFon101231 likes this.
  5. bill_m

bill_m Member

Thanks. I often do travel with my dog and roll down a back window for him, which keeps him occupied.

6. bill_m

bill_m Member

Thanks, very helpful. I usually alternate between podcasts and classical music, which gives me some opportunities to tinker around...

7. To remove this ad click here.