2022 Mini Cooper SE - In Focus: Cargo Deep Dive!

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GvilleGuy, Jun 22, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I am struggling with how to capture great video for covering the Mini's external lighting. That video is still a work in process. So, over the weekend, I decided to knock out a shorter video on the cargo area. (I snuck a 'rough draft' cut of a headlight camera pass at the end of this video)

Covered in this effort:
    • Cargo area specs and features
    • How many suitcases can you fit?

Flavio EV, F14Scott, Domenick and 8 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Oops, I think you missed one thing. The holder for the floor when you tip it up to access the lower storage area.

sefloorholder.jpg

I really appreciate the load capacity number. I was a bit concerned my dogs were too heavy for the floor, but turns out their combined weight is only half of the maximum.

4. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

Learned a couple of new things!

Definitely didn't know about the second tiny under floor storage. Does your flat tire kit actually fit under there? Mine keeps the lid from closing.

Just a small note on the floor: you don't have to actually remove it to move to the upper position, just open it almost to the stop that holds it up then pull upward and it'll pop into the higher position.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  5. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

My kit is also too thick to fit in the cubby, even with the foam removed. The can seems to be too large. At least the kits velcro strips keep a tight hold on the carpet.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  6. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Nice video!

Can’t wait for the lighting one.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GvilleGuy

No - my kit does not quite fit, either.

9. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Great video! Now I need to check my kit to see how it lays. I don't recall having an issue with it fitting though.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  10. Newkirk

Newkirk Active Member

Who says the MINI is not a practical car? I just went to Costco and fit every bit of my $200 purchase in the trunk, without even putting the seats down!

IMG_2242.JPG

wessy, Ketos, CoachCookie and 6 others like this.
  11. GvilleGuy

Impressive!

Newkirk likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Love this! I say going to Costco is like playing Tetris in the end. I do make it all fit... somehow ;)

14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You went to Costco and didn't buy one of their enormous packages of toilet paper? Still, an impressive haul. You must be good at Tetris.

GvilleGuy and Newkirk like this.
  15. insightman

Darn, I kept re-composing my comment and @Lainey beat me to the obvious Tetris reference!

GvilleGuy and Novadar like this.
  16. Novadar

Novadar Active Member

Yikes, Projectile Croissants? At least it's not a rotisserie chicken sitting on top (lol)

GvilleGuy and Newkirk like this.
  17. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

LOL, that is a game I love and reference often with a Mini. I've had 5-6 years of Costco runs to come up with that joke already ;)

GvilleGuy and insightman like this.
  18. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

As I wait patiently for my SE to be built, could someone please tell me, with the rear seats down and the floor set to the higher level, what are the approximate dimensions (width x depth) of the rear. i.e. what's the largest rectangle that would fit. I've been searching, but so far I can only find the cubic area. Thanks!

19. insightman

This collapsed box is 47-1/4" x 37-1/2". Nothing wider than 38" can be in the "trunk" space but the space is wider above the rear seat. The front seats are all the way forward.

upload_2022-4-6_11-19-30.png

CoachCookie and SameGuy like this.
  20. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

Perfect, thank you!

21. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    “I’m from Missouri” and this is as helpful as I could ever hope!

GetOffYourGas and insightman like this.
  22. I loaded over $30k worth of equipment into my 2002 Mini Cooper S including 27 Apple Mac Minis, a Power Mac G5 server, 2 laser printers and 12 - 17” displays to deliver to a medical clinic setting up medical records system.
    No room for a passenger - even the front passenger seat area was loaded.
    Needed a second trip for the additional displays and the laser printers.
    Fact: cargo was worth much more than the car.

PluginImage1649272749.611826.jpg

Mike Wazowski
    & for more

MichaelC and CoachCookie like this.
  23. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Lol TBT 2007 when I told my wife I was doing a beer run in the smart cabrio…

EA922E5D-D88B-4FA0-A876-44FC1FE0EA1D.jpeg

One of the smart fortwo 450’s safety features was the offset mounting of the passenger seat; the opposite of Toyota’s 2½-seater iQ, the smart’s passenger seat was mounted several inches aft, in order to allow the driver better visibility to the right, and to lessen the chance of the occupants hitting each other in a side collision. But with the passenger seat moved fully forward, the smart can easily carry two 50 litre kegs!

Rexsio likes this.