Charge variances?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by pulone, Jun 22, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Why do I get between 275 & 311 miles when 2019 kona is fully charged?
    thanks

electriceddy and KonaTom like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

The range is an estimate, based on your last driving, the settings you have currently, such as A/C or heat, current weather, driving mode, etc. It will vary considerably depending on the settings you have at any time. Try turning A/C off and on to see the difference that makes.

pulone and Martyparty like this.
  4. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

A question that has been answered many times. I am assuming you are talking about the range reported on your dash. The Guess-O-Meter (GOM) is what gives you an Estimate on your range. It bases itself on recent driving history. If you drive around town at slow speeds, regenerating a lot, the GOM will give you a high range. I have seen super high numbers. If you drive in winter, uphill, headwind and at 80 mph, your GOM may give you 250 or less range. It is just an estimate and should never be used as your actual "Range".
    A better estimate is to look at the number on your dash of miles per kilowatts. This gives you a much more accurate at your power consumption. If you are recording 6.0 miles per kilowatt, you are heading towards 300+ miles of range. If you have the heater full blast and it reads 2.5 miles per kilowatt, you are down around 250 miles of range. Keep you head in your energy consumption and you will be able to measure your range better. Plan ahead for trips with weather and elevation change in mind. You'll have a much more relaxed trip.

Surlycat and pulone like this.
  5. Depends on factors such as heating and a/c usage, wind, hills, recharge number used, lots of factors.

pulone likes this.
  6. Martyparty and Genevamech like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

Haha!

Worth noting of course that the power needed to overcome air resistance goes with the cube of speed; going twice as fast requires 8 times the power (or more, once you include rolling resistance and other things!) But man that's quite an increase...