Mach-e buying experience

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by ashe, Apr 9, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. James W

James W New Member

I received this message from Ford yesterday:
    STAY EXHILARATED. STAY INFORMED.

To make sure the excitement you’re feeling about your new all-electric Mustang Mach-E stays in high gear, we’ll continue to send you relevant updates. We’ll also track and report the status of your order through the scheduling, building and shipping stages.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

Yeah, that was the same message I got in early April - haven't heard a thing since (except to let me know they eliminated my requested color).

4. James W

James W New Member

That sucks. How long have you been waiting for your car? What color did they discontinue?

5. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

Ordered Ext. range AWD Premium April 8, Infinite Blue. About 4 weeks ago they emailed saying the order had changed without specifying. When I checked the order the graphic color was changed to gray and I learned that Ford discontinued the blue. The dealer assures me it's still blue, but they also claim the LR battery range is 375 miles, so a very large chunk of salt comes with that dealer's info.

6. James W

James W New Member

That sucks about the color. I don't see that color as option on the website. That dealer doesn't know what they're talking about. I do know when I placed my order it stated it would be at least 16 weeks from the date I ordered before I get it. I like the black color so not too concerned about the color getting dropped.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Kimberly McManus

Kimberly McManus New Member

From PA: Test drove a black Mach E for the weekend in Feb. I fell in love. My husband wanted a Telsa I refused. We ordered my car that Monday on return of the dealership car. We got and email in March saying it was processing....April gave us a June date.....May have us July 12.....my dealership called today to tell me Aug. 30..
    This has been the worst car buying ever...if it's that haven't bought my car yet.....any help would be appreciated....maybe someone to call at Ford.....I really love this car❤️

9. Kimberly McManus

Kimberly McManus New Member

I also ordered the AWD extended battery and had one for the weekend in cold Erie, PA and the battery held up pretty well. However, you need the fast charger at your house. We found when we had it for the weekend the regular outlet charger hardly did anything. We did take it to a super charger and worked great. I just had a local electrician install it in my garage....just waiting on my car.....

10. Here in NY they mark up 1.5 to 1.7 percent above MSRP. We started shopping for a EV in early May. Test drove a ID4 and were about to test drive a Mach E when the dealer we had set up a appointment with called and said someone had rolled it over on a test drive. He is a dealer that I have used for 50 years and trusted. And he could not get another for quite some time. (Chip shortage) So we went to another larger dealer that had two and test drove it. My wife liked it better than the ID4, so she bought it. At $51,000 for a select. That's a big overcharge. They are using lack of supply and high demand overcharge. Took it to another dealer for the software update. Ford did too big of a rush to get them out. But I do love the vehicle.