New tire mileage

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by petteyg359, Jun 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Active Member

PHEV Newbie - do you have the Michelin Cross Climate 2's or the Michelin Cross Climate +?. From what I understand the compound on the 2s are a little more dense and last 10,000 more miles than the +s. I specifically choose the 2s for the extended mileage on the tire.

Not sure of the road noise between these versions of the Michelin tires but again, noise level is subjective for so many reasons. So far, I am impressed with these tires so far.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hi.Ho.Silver

Hi.Ho.Silver Active Member

I have Cross Climate 2's that I bought in March. I find that they are definitely quieter and handling is much improved. My EV range dropped by >10% initially but now the reduction is around 6-8% vs. the OEM shoes. I think the rolling resistance has improved with tire break-in.

4. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

I have the CC+ on my Clarity. The CC2 was not available when I bought them. Recently, I did replace my Subaru Outback's Michelin Premier A/S tires with the CC2. Although the sizes are different on these cars, it is clear that the CC2 has a thicker tread and the grooves are wider too. I expect the CC2 to do better in the snow than the CC+. In both cases, the replacements are better in the dry and wet. Of course, on snow and ice, either CC will blow regular A/S tires out of the water. The CC2 is less expensive than the CC+ (for the same size) so they are priced competitively with regular Michelin A/S tires.

5. Miles777

Miles777 New Member

My OEM tires lasted about 39K miles, mostly hot weather driving in Phoenix, which may be hard on tires. I replaced them with Bridgestone Turanza Quiettracks with an 80K mile warranty for $875 total at Discount Tire. With about 1000 miles on them so far, I'm pleased with how quiet and smooth riding they are.

6. graure

graure Member

OEM tires lasted 39k and were down to the wear bars. They were replaced with Bridgestone Ecopia EP422s, which seem good so far.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

I replaced mine at 30k