ID.4 AWD in US

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by Tony S, Mar 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

This comes from Car and Driver. The unveiling of the AWD ID.4 is scheduled for today April 28.

“Volkswagen is set to officially unveil a faster all-wheel-drive version of the ID.4 later this month, one that will carry the new GTX branding the company says it will be using to indicate higher-performance versions of its pure electric models.”

“The GTX hasn't been officially confirmed for the U.S., but we have been told that all-wheel-drive versions of the ID.4 will be offered starting next year, so it is entirely possible that this will be one of them.”

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Unveiling of the ID.4 GTX. Looks like (not sure) this will be a different offering from the ID.4 AWD.

https://www.motor1.com/news/504007/2022-volkswagen-id4-gtx-livestream/

4. That's a nice looking car.:)

As one who has owned an unbroken string of factory-fresh Golf GTIs since they were first offered in 1985, I'm optimistic.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  5. Hdtvkeith

Hdtvkeith New Member

I am getting ansey for an EV. The thought of them not building AWD until late this yeah at best and then not knowing where I am on the list could be 9-12 months before I see the car. Sure many of the quirks will be worked out by then, maybe. But we will also have several very decent competitors. Should be interesting next 12 months.

6. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Just abandoned ship, canceled my reservation of the ID.4 AWD for the Audi Q4 (Q4 reservation not yet open).

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hdtvkeith

Hdtvkeith New Member

I cancelled last week and went with Volvo XC40 Recharge. I had done another test drive back to back with the Volvo and the VW was nice, but the Volvo was better for us and more upscale. The Q4 looks great. We figure the Volvo will be a long term car and then in 2-3 years we sell her gas car and get a second EV.

9. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Congrats on your XC40, nice car that should go the distance for you.

10. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Are you being sarcastic mentioning 'distance'? Car & Driver tested the XC40, it only returned 180 miles of range in their highway test.

11. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

XC40 is a very nice car, no sarcasm intended or implied.

Fastnf and electriceddy like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Peter Ecar

Peter Ecar New Member

Got an ID4AWD in mid-October after 2nd Bolt fiasco. I was lucky -- someone cancelled their pre-ordered AWD - came in Silver not the Blue I had ordered but didn't want to wait for who knows how long as a one car family. Very happy with the car -- great acceleration compared to the RWD and crisp cornering.

The charger port has a little too much play for the plug on my level 2 charger. It warned me "emergency charging only" and was only drawing 5 amps.Learned from other forum entries that there is a sensitive mating pin. For the last several days have held the plug rigidly for the first ten seconds after insertion and all has gone flawlessly - touch wood! It is drawing a steady 31 amps plus and charging reliably.

In any event, I am 6' 2", less than ideally flexible, and had trouble getting through the door frame of several EVs including the Audi and the Mustang. Have to keep the drivers seat low and back in the ID4 but able to get in without the contortions that had been required of me in the Bolt -- much more comfortable and spacious vehicle as well.

Tony S likes this.