Battery Replacements in Korea?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by doggyworld, Jun 10, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. doggyworld

doggyworld Active Member

Does anyone know if Hyundai has started replacing batteries in Korea yet? I haven't heard of any news from them and I don't subscribe to any Korean threads.

I would assume if they are replacing batteries, they will start in Korea.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. As far as I've heard they have not replaced any batteries of cars that still run and are limited to 80% charge. However I've heard of cars that had their batteries replaced that were bricked (car stopped driving, showed a EV drivetrain error).

4. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

I have heard the same. Many people are commenting that Hyundai has already done some successful lease backs. I have not heard of anyone getting a buy back yet. They have sent me a letter that they have agreed to buy back my Kona EV and collected my required data. One person on Facebook said Hyundai told them they are not going to replace batteries in the US. They will buy back. He further said they will replace batteries in Canada. I do know that Oregon and California, two places they were sold have strong "Lemon Laws" that will force a buy back if the consumer wants. It needs to be requested before 24K miles or 2 years but there may be exceptions.

5. 90% was the number I'd read.

This pic was posted a few weeks back reportedly showing new and old packs at a Hyundai depot in S.K.

kona_packs_SK.png

GeorgeS likes this.
  6. Well, my car and other's is limited to 80%. I can still set the charge limit to 100%, and charge to 100% if I need it for a long trip which doesn't happen regularly, luckily.

I have been offered a buyback from Hyundai, and it's being worked on, no word about a battery replacement so far.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. The question and your answer was pertinent to S. Korea. It's not always about US owners.

GeorgeS, Esprit1st and John Lumsden like this.