Bug & Features Feedback

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob Lay, Oct 3, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Not that critical. I didn't think it was green before, but I don't really remember.

The dot and membership colors are improvements. I never realized there was a dot before.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Roy_H

Roy_H Active Member

Why do you have to be logged in to see pictures?

4. Pics loaded onto the media site first will give up-loaders a choice of who can see pictures, so those would be up to the up-loader. I'm pretty much always logged-in when I view the site, so I'm not sure what the default is for pics uploaded while posting. In general, though, this could encourage people to sign up and become members, so I can see that as being a reason to set it up that way.

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

So once again, I was solicited to accept a “newsletter” to SPAM my email. Refusal has to be made time and time again. So I agreed and gave them my SPAM trap email.

Pushing an unwanted newsletter will simply join the bit-bucket, mailbox.

Bob Wilson

6. You received a newsletter today from the Forum? Typically, we send out ours near the beginning of the month.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

They don’t take NO for an answer. Bit-bucket email address time.

Bob Wilson

9. Oh, are you getting a pop-up asking you to accept the newsletter?

10. bwilson4web

Yes but I don't care anymore. I'll send it to the binary bit-bucket and have a happy life.

Bob Wilson

electriceddy and Domenick like this.
  11. Eliminate the word "from" in the location signature when viewing members screens, kind of repetitive and the information is quite obvious.
    The word does not show up when viewing regular posts and has a much cleaner look;)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Domenick and R P like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

Curious about the log in process. I log in to make a comment then go somewhere else and find I'm not logged in. If I go back to the thread where I made the comment I show up as logged in again. What's up with that?

14. When you go back, it may appear as you're logged in, but it may just be the browser presenting the page as it had appeared when you were there last. If you refresh the page, you'll likely see you're not actually logged in.

This sounds like an issue I myself was having a couple years ago, though. If it shows you logged out, trying clicking on "InsideEVs" logo in the top right corner and that should get you back in. Please let me know if this doesn't work and I'll bring it to the developers for further investigation.

15. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

Is there a way to mark threads as "read" quickly? This is a bit nit-picky, but it bothers me when I see a bunch of 'unread' messages.

16. I don't believe there is.

17. From a notification email, I just open the thread and close the window. From the browser you could open in a new tab and close or ignore the tab.

What I'd like to see is an option to tailor the email notification for watched threads. Sometimes I can look at the email and know I don't want to open the message, but then I won't get further notifications. So I'd like an option to get an email for every new post. Another option could be to reset the "notified" flag after, say, 7 days, so if I don't open the thread that just suspends notifications for a week, not forever.

Domenick likes this.
  18. Cypress

Cypress Active Member

PNW
    InsideEVs webpage and the Disqus comments section has gotten to be nearly unusable with iOS on IPhone. It’s a bit better on iPad, but not much. I think it’s all the ads. Seems to randomly make the page crash and then the comments are gone. So reload the page and have to log back in to disqus. And disqus won’t stay logged in anymore.

19. That's frustrating. I'll check it out on an iPhone and let our devs know, but I suspect it"s more of a Disqus issue.

20. Is there a way to search within the thread being displayed? I would use this feature constantly.

21. In the Hyundai Kona EV forum there's a thread titled "12v battery".

When I search titles only in that forum for exactly that phrase, the thread doesn't come up.

At the least, it should be in there somewhere.

Even better if:
    1. The search algorithm prioritized hits with the exact phrase, or,
    2. The "more" search had a checkbox for searching only the exact phrase.
    3. Allowed searching for the phrase in quotes to search only the exact phrase.

22. bwilson4web

The moderator will have more details but I've found Google will efficiently search the forum too. Sometimes general Google has conditionals to optimize the search.

GOOD LUCK!
    Bob Wilson

electriceddy and Domenick like this.
  23. That is odd and annoying. I tried searching 12v in quotes to no avail. Will inform developers.

Toolworker likes this.