Removing warning sticker

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by bldxyz, Jun 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

This sticker seems completely wrong. What’s the best technique to cleanly remove it? IMG_4573.JPG

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

LOL! California will likely prosecute you for removing that sticker!

My go-to sticker-remover is the rubber-cement solvent, Bestine. It won't smell-up the interior like the handier solvent, gasoline, would. It would be ironic to use gasoline to remove an inappropriate ICE-car sticker from your electric car and then have that noxious smell inside your electric car. Still, I'd try to remove the sticker w/o a solvent so there would be less chance of having to clean off residual adhesive after using the solvent. If that failed, I'd use the solvent.

upload_2021-6-7_7-36-5.png

Toi, Newkirk and GvilleGuy like this.
  4. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Ah - I was like "I don't have that sticker". But then I saw the P65.ca.gov. :)

5. quietlyspinach

quietlyspinach Active Member

I had that sticker. I just grabbed it slowly and it peeled right off with almost no residue. The tiny bit around the edges of the sticker came off with a simple moist cloth.

insightman and bldxyz like this.
  6. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

Tetrahydrofuran is the best at getting any residue off windows. But you won't find if at Walmart.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. quietlyspinach

quietlyspinach Active Member

I had no issues because I pulled it off within hours of getting my car, so I suspect the sticker was not on for very long. But for stickers which are older and have dried out glue, I use Goof Off. It dissolves pretty much any glue residue; it's what I use to clean up that super-strong dashcam adhesive when I remove the old dashcam mount.

9. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

any chemical suited for removing that label will also cause the state of california... er... known to california to cause cancer...

MichaelC likes this.
  10. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Sitting at stoplight
    A fingernail did the trick
    Barely any trace

IMG_4574.JPG

Toi, quietlyspinach and GvilleGuy like this.
  11. It almost looks like you’re giving it the finger.

bldxyz likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I had that thought, too. I had to double check I wasn’t using the wrong finger before I posted!

GvilleGuy, HappyKafka and insightman like this.
  14. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

After removal, to dispose of it, I'd drop it in a bucket of used motor oil and pour it down the storm drain.

GetOffYourGas, bldxyz and insightman like this.
  15. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Then light the drain on fire?

bldxyz and F14Scott like this.