2022 “grille” badge / holder

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by bldxyz, Jun 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I’m curious if any of the 2022 SE owners have put a grille badge on their SE…

… because there really is no grille!

I see one post that might be able to support a non-destructive grille badge holder, but it is too close to the center IMHO.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Take a look at any post by @Puppethead. You can see his grille badge in his avatar photo.

4. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Thank, but that’s a 2021.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Sorry, I didn't remember the grille slot had changed along with the rest of the front end. Well, where there's a drill there's a way. I saw that shopminiusa.com has grille badge holders for 2021 MINI Coopers, so perhaps they'll catch up eventually (as many are hoping they will do with the "2022" bonnet stripes).

upload_2021-6-5_19-17-50.png

6. MiniJimmy

MiniJimmy Member

I have in the past asked Outmotoring when they will have parts for the 2022 model and they said hopefully in septermber/october. So hopefully by fall, we'll start to see some trim parts unique to the 2022 model.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

I see a whole bunch of options depending on where you want it!
    It could snap on to any of the red circled posts or with something like a rubber coated flexible snap clip (sketched in green) you could have them pop in anywhere along the horizontal upper grille opening and stay in place with a friction fit.
    Or it could "sandwich" the upper grille slot between the badge and a backing plate that goes behind the grille.

20210605_210119.jpg

GvilleGuy and bldxyz like this.