Battery capacity spreadsheet scrambled

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Danks, Jun 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Danks

Danks Active Member

Resorting the data on the Battery Capacity Data tab has caused the data calculated from that tab to get scrambled. The charts are not currently correct. I am working to fix it, but it is scrambled enough that I will have to work on it in the morning.

Louis Nisenbaum and sabasc like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Danks

Danks Active Member

I restored the spreadsheet to the last good version - dated May 25 at 9:50 am. I will restore any Vehicle or Battery data entered after that date tomorrow morning. There appear to be only a couple of entries.

sabasc likes this.
  4. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Ugh,
    I know Google Sheets has some kind of automatic backup scheme, but I haven't had the pleasure of using it.
    May 25th was over a week ago... Were there other more recent backups that were also corrupted?

5. Danks

Danks Active Member

Yes. There were backups for 5/27, 28, 31, and 6/1. All of those were scrambled. I found the problem when I went to add my data for 6/4.

There was only 1 Vehicle data entry and 2 Battery data entries after the 5/25 data. I was able to find and restore those pretty easily - once I got a good night's sleep.

Resorting the Battery Capacity data should not have scrambled the analysis data built off of that tab, but it did. I just finished figuring out why and fixing it. There was a problem in a couple of the formulas that didn't show up until the data was resorted. I resorted the Battery Capacity data into an order that seems to be easiest to work with and the revised formulas worked correctly.