Get your $200 gift card yet?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Jgood, May 11, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. If you've completed the recall 200 and not received your "inconvenience" payment you may want to call Hyundai customer service. I did the recall 5 weeks ago and have not received anything from Hyundai. I called yesterday and it turns out they're sending emails to provide the gift cards. But it seems they're coming from a different email address than normal. Mine went into spam and I never saw it. I always check my spam before trashing and never saw a thing. They're going to resend mine after they somehow confirm that I never claimed the first one.

BC-Doc and Ronny like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Yes, actually got an email from them that instructed me to go to a specific site, fill out my info & address. The CARD is being issued by a 3rd party - it doesn't come directly from HYUNDAI INC. After doing the online stuff I got my card in about a week. VISA DEBIT ..

4. Electric Rich

Electric Rich Member

Just notice Tesla have been ordered to pay each owner $16000 compensation for a s/w update that reduced range and slowed charging.
    Nice precedent for us perhaps.
    See below quote from article.
    The reduced range was significant and typically saw a drop of between 12 and 30 miles per charge within a matter of weeks following the update. Adding "much slower" charging into the mix just increased the frustration at what Tesla had done, which in turn triggered a number of lawsuits. In Norway, 30 owners banded together to sue Tesla and they have now won, with the judge awarding each owner $16,000 in compensation.

BC-Doc likes this.
  5. Debit cards can be a PITA to use up the last bit. If you buy from Amazon often, a workaround is to use the debit card to buy an Amazon gift card, and then deposit that in your Amazon account. It just spends down automatically until it's gone.

And you might get more than $200. Amazon has a promotion through June 28. If this is your first Amazon gift card, use the promotion code GIFTCARD2021 and it will add $15. There might be other promotions around - google "amazon gift card bonus".

6. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Canada here. 8 days after my dealership visit I got an email from Hyundai Canada acknowledging the recall work being done and advising I'd be getting an email from a third party within 30-60 days for the $250 card. I was kind of hoping for a new battery notification by then! Not exactly breaking the sound barrier, are they?

9. Not me, still waiting to hear from them.

10. BC-Doc

BC-Doc Member

E-mail yesterday too saying another e-mail to come in 30-60 days which will tell me how to collect my visa voucher— huh???

No communication yet about when my car will be made whole again.

11. Apparently we will have the choice of a physical VISA card or an electronic transfer of some sort.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Gsbrryprk8

Gsbrryprk8 Member

I received an email 1-2 days after the dealer verified my settings, offering a $200 visa debit card, choice of virtual or physical card.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs