Ford F-150 Lightning reveal livestream May 19, 9:30 Eastern.

Discussion in 'F-150 Lightning' started by Domenick, May 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The first full-size all-electric pickup pickup truck from Ford -- the F-150 Lightning -- was be revealed Wednesday night. Motor1 and InsideEVs are doing a brief pre-show at 9:15 and the event will stream here immediately after at 9:30.

Here's our debut post about the new truck will all the details so far and lots of photos.

ericy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

I can't wait to see it!!!

Domenick likes this.
  4. Damn why so late?

5. I was thinking because that's California prime time, where they should sell lots of these.

6. Well that range is astoundingly low if one is meant to use it for actual truck **** like towing. Price is nice though.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Reserved! :cool:

[​IMG]

Sorry Rivian, Ford under cut your ""Lifestyle" priced truck.

Domenick and electriceddy like this.
  9. That didn't take long ,the first reservation on the forum, well spent $100. Congratulations.
    Given all the features/range offered particularly at that low cost, I am tempted myself.
    Should start a new thread :)

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Domenick likes this.
  10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

The announcement really exceeded expectations, I think. As someone in the market for a new truck this is a strong contender.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. I just reserved one as well. Will also start a reservation thread

electriceddy likes this.
  13. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Something about starting at $68000 does not make sense. Starting price in the USA is $40,000 , Mach-E in USA is $43000. Mach-E in Canada is $50495

Dan

electriceddy likes this.
  14. Last edited: May 20, 2021
    electriceddy likes this.
  15. Earl

Earl Active Member

Best News of 2021!!!!
    Go Ford!

16. I hope they include pedestrian sensors at least or better yet a front facing lower camera as the visibility will be difficult looking over that big frunk. Nice to have that large ground clearance but might be especially hard to see kids at a crosswalk for instance.

17. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

The big frunk would end up being a giant lockable toolbox, eliminating the need for a lockable truck bed toolbox.

turtleturtle and Rob Fitzgerald like this.
  18. Ford says that in Canada, it will begin sales with the XLT trim, so that's why the price is higher. They will have the commercial base version eventually, though.

Rob Fitzgerald likes this.
  19. I havent seent the specs but it doesnt really look bigger than the ICE version.

20. It is pretty much the same size as the ICE one.

Rob Fitzgerald likes this.
  21. Has anyone seen anything about a heat pump in Canada?

22. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I have not seen any mention of a heat pump, nor of battery conditioning. That could be a major issue in the winter. The cutaway image of the electrical system doesn't show any indications of a heat pump, but that's not really definitive.

[​IMG]

Domenick likes this.