Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Has anyone successfully tracked their MINI from the port to the dealer? I’m not sure if Ask MINI provides any details regarding ground transportation - any tips are welcome.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

My dealer did honestly. They called me to say when it was scheduled to be transported. I had mine unfortunately delivered on Dec 30 to the port so holiday and weekends slowed things. Likely bonnet stripes too. Once it was on its way it only took a day and then my dealer and I worked out the details after (including me selling my old Mini for this one).

MichaelC and AndGuz like this.
  4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

My experience was MINI will release the car to a carrier, and from that point on they have no way to track it. My SE was "assigned to carrier" for over a week before it finally hit the road, and the dealer did hear about an arrival day once it actually hit the road.

So, based on my experience, ASK MINI will be able to tell you the status up until it gets to a carrier, and from that point on your dealer will have updates.

MichaelC and AndGuz like this.
  5. No luck in tracking, I reach out to dealer. The dealer said it may be at the port longer than ASK MIMI said. ASK MIMI. told me the car would be at the dealer on May 16. It is still at the port. But still hopeful for a delivery before the end of May. :)

AndGuz likes this.
  6. I check the track my Mimi, it said my car is at the dealer. My salesman told me he would send pix when it can in. But Tuesday is his off day. We will see what tomorrow brings.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bpschroder

bpschroder Member

Is anyone else having trouble with the mygarage.mini link? Has that been down or not updating for a while?

AndGuz likes this.
  9. Newkirk

Newkirk Active Member

Mine seems to be working fine, but it's been on "Production Begins" since May 11. Although from looking at the spreadsheet, that step seems to take between 1 and 2 weeks.

10. bpschroder

bpschroder Member

Seems like I am having an issue on multiple devices with page caching. Anyway, my dealer sent a message yesterday saying that it should be done today, meanwhile the tracker still says "today's the day" production begins.

11. Newkirk

Newkirk Active Member

Maybe that's what's happening with mine too. I'll give ASK MINI a call to check (they had initially told me production would be complete between May 16-22). Thanks!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. The same thing happened to me a couple weeks back (on both my iPhone and iPad). I ended up having to erase my cache and restart the devices — that seemed to do the trick. For what it’s worth, I just got the “production begins” notice this morning, so the site seems to be working for me.

14. Newkirk

Newkirk Active Member

I just called ASK MINI and they said that after the site shows "production begins," the next step it shows is when it's complete. They said it usually only shows the intermediate steps if there's some kind of delay. That doesn't seem to be the experience of many people here, but that's what they told me. Could be that they're not updating all the steps anymore. Anyway, they said completion date should be May 28, which is 17 days after production begun.

15. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

I don't believe that for one minute. Just keep checking.

16. bpschroder

bpschroder Member

Just checked mygarage.mini and it now says exterior body assembly. ASK MINI auto attendant says it will be done May 26th.

17. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Unless the plant is shut down for some reason, your car should be at the UK port by 5/21 if it follows the normal timing. If the plant does not operate Saturday/Sunday, then maybe 5/24.

AndGuz and bpschroder like this.
  18. bpschroder

bpschroder Member

I like that timing!

19. Mypyh4ooo

Mypyh4ooo New Member

Silly question but is there any way of tracking a car that was ordered via a lease company? I’m guessing they’d order it via a dealership.. ‍♂️

20. My MINI went through the assembly, paint, and QC process through a weekend. It was ready for transport at around 1AM local at Oxford on a Monday.

21. Newkirk

Newkirk Active Member

I seem to be two days behind you, so maybe mine will show up as exterior body assembly on Friday!

AndGuz likes this.
  22. Got a call from salesman today! My car is at the dealership. I will pick it up next Wednesday, that is my day off. I'm taking it to get protective film. Then I need my electrician to run 220 line to the garage, so I can plug in the wall box, I order to charge the car at home. The car came faster than I planed. Way to go MIMI WOW!

bldxyz, bpschroder, GvilleGuy and 6 others like this.
  23. bpschroder

bpschroder Member

It turns out that one of my current neighbors, 3 houses down bought that one from Schomp MINI. Ha! I talked to him yesterday and he is loving it.

Lainey, AndGuz and GvilleGuy like this.