150K miles and still over 50% on original brakes

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by StickWare, Apr 25, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. StickWare

StickWare Active Member

THANK YOU!!!! And I am sorry for my outburst. I don’t appreciate being attacked in many ways. Especially saying that I’m bad at math, when I’m a math teacher.

I really don’t want to get into details about my income because that’s not the point of this thread. But I left a teaching job to do rideshare. I’m making more now with the freedom of my own hours and going where I want. I also interact with neat people.

yea. The wages paid by Lyft and Uber are very low so it’s hard to make money. However I know some tricks to maximize earnings and there are sometimes good bonuses.

now I bought a BMW, my income should double.

someone mentioned taxes. I write off miles and therefore almost all the money I make is tax free.
    I haven’t mentioned EIDL or PPP forgivable loans the government has issued. That helps too.

if you attack someone then you have issues. You are jealous or insecure. There is no need to ever do that. If you don’t approve of someone’s profession there is no reason to criticize them. Obviously he is ignorant. I was able to buy a BMW with cash. Does he have that much ?

I appreciate you coming in here to post this.

BTW. MY BMW slows the car much faster when I downshift the cruise. It doesn’t have regenerative braking paddles but you can actually control the transmission to downshift to get the same effect.

I also noticed that the brake lights come on when adjusting cruise but not on when just using the paddles.

be well everyone

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

4. StickWare

StickWare Active Member

If anyone wants to try Lyft, I have a referral code that would net me $1000

5. Can we split it 50/50?

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. BRYANT HOLLINS

BRYANT HOLLINS New Member

StickWare, first thank you sharing with this community that you've reached the 150,000 mile mark. I have not seen or heard of any one reaching that milestone with their Clarity. Second, in addition to what you've shared, if you get a chance to delve into more of the maintenance specifics in reaching your milestone that would be great - tires, fluid changes, unexpected maintenance or vehicle componet failures, shocks, springs, car body panels, any rust etc...

Wishing you many more safety traveled miles.
    Thanks

Al-clarity likes this.
  8. StickWare

StickWare Active Member

Sure!!!

9. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

The last time I tried to sign up for rideshare (pre-Clarity) Geico tried to drop me. I had to prove I wasn’t ridesharing to get my coverage reinstated. How does it work with insurance?

10. StickWare

StickWare Active Member

You are covered for liability from the rideshare company. I have progressive. They have a rideshare endorsement that’s only like $30 to cover me.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. yeah723

yeah723 New Member

Thanks for sharing. I just bought a clarity yesterday and I really want to know what I got myself into. I came from a 1999 civic. I would be very interested in to know the maintenance/repairs involve after 160 miles.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Even the Clarity's air-conditioning system usually lasts 160 miles. :)

ICanBreakIt and Pooky like this.
  14. A little off topic, but I was amazed at the brake wear we got on the first set of pads on our 2005 Honda Element.

[​IMG]

Old and new pads:

[​IMG]

So they even had some life left at that mileage. I think it helps it’s a 5 speed manual, and we downshift a lot rather than brake for turns. New pads just fine at about 206,000 miles so far. That said, the Element forums have lots of posts about premature brake wear, mainly the rears. Go figure.