Saw my first Mach E

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by FloridaSun, Feb 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Nice Looking car. $53k sticker price..

20210219_164924.jpg 20210219_164929.jpg 20210219_164937.jpg

Fastnf and electriceddy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Very Nice! I haven't seen one in person yet but have a test drive scheduled for next Tuesday afternoon at the closest dealers that has one. It about 120 miles from where I live but is near my sons house. I will post pictures and comments when I return home.

4. FloridaSun

The Mach E would be an option for me but as long as the EV infrastructure for non Tesla does not improve, my next EV will be a Tesla... probably Model Y..

5. I agree with you but 98% of my driving is close to home. I only drive about 6000 miles a year. I am semi retired and work form home, On road trips I am in no hurry. The infrastructure in California is probably ahead of most other areas. Going up the 99 in central California there are DCFC about every 20 miles the length of the state. For me its kind of like gas stations if the first ones not working I will just go to the next one. It also not uncommon to have several networks with in a mile or two of each other. Sometimes they are across the street from each other. Kind of like four corner gas stations use to be.

I think Teslas are marvelous cars but they are not for me, for several reasons. First you just own the hardware not the software. If you buy FSD it is not transferable to the next owner along with other options. Next I won't buy a car that I can't buy the parts to and repair it myself. There are no parts available from Tesla to the private owner and there are no repair manuals available either. I have factory manuals for all of my cars, my F250 4x4, my Porsche 914-6 my Ranchero and I can buy parts at several parts stores in my small town.

So for me the Kona , The Mach E, the Volvo XC40 are my options.

6. FloridaSun

My Kona is just fine, even driving 30k to 45k miles per year. However, I would like to visit family in the McAllen/Texas area and there is no Level 3 within 150 miles from there. Just to get there I would have to drive a route thst is 100 miles longer and once I'm there, there is no option to charge. There isn't even a Hotel with a J1772.. Only Level 2 chargers are at car dealerships.. Not going to hang out 8 hours to charge at a dealer..
    There are Tesla Superchargers between Houston and McAllen as also in McAllen..

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Recoil45

Recoil45 Active Member

It's the best looking EV so far.

Would like to see the grill blacked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. FloridaSun

It's nice looking indeed.. I'm a fan of the Mustang themed styling.. I used to own a 2015 Mustang Convertible... Great car.. zero issues.. I would change the rims too.. Not a fan of those.. Needs some 20" rims..
    Only "issues" with the Mach E is the same that Audi has with the E-Tron.. The energy consumption is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than similar sized Teslas..

10. Recoil45

Recoil45 Active Member

Does that really matter if it achieves the advertised range?

11. FloridaSun

If you don't get your charge for free, it will make a difference in your electric bill.. If it costs me $10 for each 1000 miles that I drive my EV, it will cost $15 - $17 for each 1000 miles with the Mustang Mach E. Not a big deal at my current electric rates but with Biden in office, we can expect electric rates to go up due to their policies.. Of course, gas will go up too but Bidens policies will also raise electric rates..

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Recoil45

Recoil45 Active Member

Not concerned with charging costs but thanks for explaining. Agree on the policy issue.

14. FloridaSun

The Mach E gets more range than advertised.. It is known that Teslas don't perform too well in range tests.. The Porsche Taycan was significantly underrated when they did a independent range test.. As the Mach E has a big battery, it makes sense that it will get more range than advertised.. In the latest Edumnds range test, the Kona EV, rated 258 miles got 315 mile actual range and that was with climate control being ON...

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/electric-car-range-and-consumption-epa-vs-edmunds.html

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    ericy likes this.
  15. larrenz

larrenz Member

I like the exterior styling except the front-end.

16. Recoil45

Recoil45 Active Member

The wife will test drive one tomorrow.

17. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

Just saw one too! In a Goodwill parking lot, of all places. Looked like the cargo space was decent when they dropped off a donation. Electric blue. Striking appearance.

18. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

Just about 1,000 miles on my first edition now (Grabber Blue), love it!

19. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Have not seen the Mach-E in person yet, but there on some coming to local Ford dealership soon

20. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

In the U.S., most Ford dealerships got a Mach-E demo unit that they must use for a customer loaner and/or demo drives. They cannot sell them until some number of miles and/or some amount of time. So, go take one for a spin and see how you like it!

The backorders are long now, but quite a few show up on Autotrader and the Ford inventory site. Many of those are the not for sale FCTP vehicles, but every once in awhile, some are customer orders that got declined, or dealership stock orders.

21. Recoil45

Recoil45 Active Member

That is true, but... we just experienced the "game". My local dealer had one for demo. Customer gives them 5k deposit, they give car to customer to drive until x,xxx miles then sell it to them. We had to go to a more remote dealer to get the test drive.