Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Though come to think of it, the average wait at Southampton is 14 days for Baltimore. Seems like I’ve at least another week to be on a boat.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Well, I'm definitely waiting another week now. I have to leave on my Road Trip Wednesday, and the car will not be ready for me before then.

The disconcerting part for those who do not have patience: the tracking process and ASK MINI seems to give a bit of a false understanding about what to expect. According to MyGarage, my car is In Transit and has been since Thursday, which is a LONG TIME to get a car 400 miles to the dealer. According to ASK MINI, the car reached the dealer yesterday. According to the dealer, the car is not there yet.

So, the car will not be prepped for me to take delivery on it by tomorrow, and I just hope they manage to have it ready for me a week from today when I get back.

Grrrrr.

Lainey and GvilleGuy like this.
  4. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Sorry for your trouble. That is irritating when the two organizations cannot agree on where your car is located.

5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Sounds similar to what I went through. "In Transit" means released to carrier, who can then take their time loading and shipping the vehicle. My SE sat "in transit" for two weeks! ASK MINI said it was released to the carrier, there was nothing else they could do.

So sorry for your agony.

AndGuz and bldxyz like this.
  6. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

It'll be agony if I still don't have the car before April ends... Because that would be an inexplicably long time from port to my hands.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Lo!

The car "just arrived" at the dealer. I'd say there is a slim chance to get it tomorrow, but I likely will not drive it on my Road Trip. Just better to have it so when I come back I can drive it drive it drive it!!!

9. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

Well, this is really disappointing!!!! Summited our order on April 3, been anxiously waiting to get production number. Been bugging salesman, just got call from him that the company has had so many orders that ours will probably not be processed until June with August or September delivery. :(

Lainey and GvilleGuy like this.
  10. GvilleGuy

What the crap?? That’s crazy.

TripleD and AndGuz like this.
  11. My car is at a port, I don't know the port, I don't know the ship or the port it is head to? I would like to find out.
    I to was told it would take months. Order on March 31, and the car is at the port.
    Thanks Kirk

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Chicago

Chicago Member

We were told August delivery by our salesman on April 9th and placed our deposit through MINI's website on April 10th.

The parts manager says he can get a third key to us about 3 days after the VIN is issued, so I will probably take him up on that just to have something tangible in hand while we wait.

When in this process is the VIN issued?

14. GvilleGuy

My memory could be faulty, but I think a VIN was issued around the time my order went into “today’s the day” status. (Which is two weeks before the actual assembly line stuff starts)

Norbu72 and AndGuz like this.
  15. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

What??? You must have ordered one that some dealership had ordered on speculation they could sell it?
    Have you created an account on My Mini Lounge "https://ol.miniusa.com/Shared/Home/Login" to check status of your car?

Oh, in case you are not aware, there is a spreadsheet where we are tracking info on ordering, production, and delivery.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xiw-kL3cnqdSlQyDlqRA4zivXV5jdds-KK_2Qu3pUl4/edit#gid=0

AndGuz likes this.
  16. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

@Kirk McFarland - if you know your MINI's Production Number or VIN, you should be able to call 1-866-ASK-MINI and ask for those details. If you don't know the Production Number or VIN, call your dealership and ask them.

Many more details can be found in the How to Track your MINI SE Build and Shipping thread.

AndGuz likes this.
  17. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

Just...WoW

18. Chicago

Chicago Member

The facts he has given match the Kirk on the spreadsheet.

I think Kirk means he wants to know how to find out which ship will transport his car from the UK Port it arrived at today to Baltimore (for a Pittsburgh dealer.)

And MichaelC just gave him the link to thread...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    AndGuz likes this.
  19. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

OMG, now I understand, He ordered only 4 days before we did and it has already been built and is ready at the port to cross the ocean. And we have to wait for a possible June production start???? Something is wrong with the picture, not a happy camper.

AndGuz likes this.
  20. MiniJimmy

MiniJimmy Member

I kind of get the feeling that depending on the size of your dealership and how many MINIs they normally sell, a larger dealership can get in front of the line for the production. I have no evidence for this other than the fact that my salesperson said something along that line in the passing. Maybe it's worth checking with another dealer?

AndGuz likes this.
  21. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I only was told if they had a buyer back out of same model that they can replace the old car specs with new.
    Sorry you won't have it for the road trip, but at least it should be ready when you return.
    Wow! That must be an insane demand on cars then.

You can call ASK-MINI to find out if you have VIN/Production number. Once they have it scheduled for a ship they can tell you. Often your car really leaves UK port a day or so before the tracking moves to In Transit.

When they start grabbing parts for assembly "today is the day" on the tracker. This step lasts roughly 2 weeks.

[

AndGuz and GvilleGuy like this.
  22. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

Appears you are correct. Just called askmini and was told there is an allocation by dealer. So my dealer has apparently sold more then their quota. Only answer is to go to another dealer. This is BS!!!!!!

AndGuz, Lainey and MiniJimmy like this.
  23. GvilleGuy

Wow - do you have reasonable access to another dealer?