Aptera Prototype Track Day

Discussion in 'Aptera' started by Kerbe, Apr 9, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. For some reason, you video is showing set to private, so here is the ink that appears to be working on YouTube for me.

Pretty good video, but they aren't giving away too much. There's no 0-to-60 or 1/4 mile times. It seems at least faster than a Chevy Bolt EV, but I understand that Chris Anthony has a fast electric vehicle, and the Aptera is quicker than that.

Also, cool to see the moose test, though again, there's no speed data, so hard to compare with other moose tests. Worth mentioning too, that the original Aptera famously had a door open during this type of maneuver during the X-Prize competition.

4. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

That's very strange - it worked when I posted it... Thanks, though.

Do you know the story of the infamous door? The Aptera 2E (the one in the X-Prize competition) had electric door poppers with the interior buttons placed for thumb activation on the side of the door armrest. As the vehicle veered into the turn, the occupant's knee pushed the release button!

5. Yes, I'm familiar. I spent a fair amount of time on the old Aptera forum back in the day.
    I sort of think that might be why they've decided to show this one doing that particular maneuver so early in the program.