Seems like the Maintenance Minder comes on a lot..

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Keith, Apr 13, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Keith

Keith New Member

I’m about to turn in my 3 year lease 2018 Clarity. It has about 21k miles. The car itself has been fine to drive and own, but coming from my last cars, which were BMWs, I’ve noticed that this car seems to require a lot of oil changes.

80% of my driving is electric, and all gas driving is long distance highway driving. I’ve been averaging 2 oil changes per year with this car. My BMWs only needed an annual oil change and during first 3 years of ownership only needed to go to the dealer once/yr. While I don’t doubt Honda, it is a bit annoying to have to get so many oil changes.

Is this an issue that all Honda cars have?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

There's a thread on that.

JFon101231 likes this.
  4. TomL

TomL Active Member

@Keith, I've owned eight Honda cars bought new over the past 12 years and I found the maintenance minder to be pretty reasonable, especially regarding oil changes (I would guess about 9,000 miles on average overall). With my 2018 Clarity after 36,000 miles I have had either three or four oil change notices, my memory fog distorting the actual number.

5. JFon101231

JFon101231 Active Member

Car doesn't seem to differentiate ICE vs EV miles...

6. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

I reset the maintenance minder when it comes on and change oil annually and rotate tires every 8K miles.

7. To remove this ad click here.