How to remove the antenna?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by RockmanNeo, Apr 5, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RockmanNeo

RockmanNeo New Member

Is there a guide to remove the antenna from the roof of Clarity? Thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The parts diagram shows a wiring harness connected to the antenna that runs the width of the roof. I’d imagine that it would be necessary to remove some interior trim pieces and peel back enough of the header to reveal the harness. The antenna may be screwed through the roof from the inside in order to provide a tight seal around any roof penetrations that would otherwise allow water intrusion.

I’m curious. Why?

ICanBreakIt likes this.
  4. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

I so wanted to ask the same…lol.

I’ve never taken shark fins off, but I’ve certainly put them on different vehicles. Super simple, break the 3M adhesive, which exposes the nut that holds the whole shebang together.

5. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

I’m secretly hoping to Hotwire it to serve as an antenna for a cell booster. Will be interested to see how this plays out.

My issue is getting to the other end of it behind the head unit.

6. RockmanNeo

RockmanNeo New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I figured I need to remove the trim to get to the bolts and such.
    Is there a guide to remove the trim? I'm guessing I need to remove the grab handles first.

The reason is more aesthetical than technical. I plan to apply vinyl to the roof but the fin is on the way.
    It's better to remove it before I lay glass, but if took a lot of work then I just have to go around it.

7. To remove this ad click here.