Has anyone else tried to put a spare tire under the hood?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by An Infomaniac, Nov 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

There are people that have used the mini-spares in the trunk. It was posted on the Kona EV facebook group.https://www.facebook.com/michael.tiffany.3?__tn__=%2CdC-R-R&eid=ARCwOrEnAUgDtDcYoAi8f-gzjr2qmfexgMh2AJas5NnPxRpBY0rd_j49z6tnduBXcnzwkzg0lMRMOQcD&hc_ref=ARSWWINnNToT1dCvAx_qOmDY86bwd-o5tZSc3ZzQY8ziAK7amrSDiifS7HE54M_rVPs&fref=nf

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

I wrote up full details on how I adapted to store a Modern Spare setup and
    still have the normal rear boot space. Basically it fits if it's blocked up to sit a
    little "flatter" than it would if you just drop it in there.

Unrelated -- speaking of "slime", I just did my first string-plug repair, on one of
    the Prius tires that had picked up *yet another goddamn screw* last time I had
    it out. Seems to have worked nicely...

_H*

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    KiwiME and electriceddy like this.
  4. Has anyone tried the spare tire kit for the 2017 to 2018 Kia Sportage? They are easily obtained new from Kia under part number D9F40-AK900. Comes with everything except the tire needs to purchased separately. I am thinking of going this route but want to know it will work 100% before proceed.

5. I hope the Gods will not punish me now, but over 50 years of driving I had one flat, but carried the dead weight of spares.

Fastnf likes this.
  6. Mush_EV

Mush_EV New Member

What is that purple thing around the spoke of the rim?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Cable tie

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

9. Probably the cable tie was attached to a message saying something like “left on doorstep as per your instructions on file”

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. Will a T165 90 17 tire work? (from a Hyundai Vera Cruz)

11. n/m a T165 90 17 does not work, diameter's off (forgot the sidewall number is a percentage)

Domenick likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.