47k Maintenance Items?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by An Tran, Mar 3, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. An Tran

An Tran New Member

Hi everyone,

I recently went to Honda to get oil changed for my 2018 Clarity Plug-in Hybrid (47k miles), and they recommended these three maintenance items:
    1. Coolant
    2. Valve Adjustment
    3. Fuel Service
    Does anyone know whether these are needed at this time? Thank you!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. JCA

JCA Active Member

Almost certainly not. Dealers have always had a lot of inflated XX mile service "packages" that they recommend -- and they now do the same with "A1 service package" that has a lot of extra items on it for a lot of extra $$. I prefer to take the specific items the maintenance minder calls for and ask for those by name -- "I would like an oil change and tire rotation". Even code 0 is mostly visual inspection of things they should be doing for free anyway.

4. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

I always stick with the base service requirements.

JFon101231 likes this.
  5. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

I hope they are not required: I am at 96K, and I never heard of doing them.

6. BRYANT HOLLINS

BRYANT HOLLINS New Member

I have almost the same mileage as you 48,000 and recently had service. The only new item for service was a recommended brake fluid change (I know several people on this forum don't change their brake fluid). I have read, I believe in the maintenance schedule that a potential value adjustment may be required at 100,000 miles but no where at half that. The other items regarding coolant and fuel service is suspect. I don't want to call a dealer out for suggesting premature services as they may have seen something with your fuel system or coolant but I would be questioning their recommendations to the highest. Good luck and wishing you many more miles on your Clarity. These are truly awesome, yet undervalued machines.

ICanBreakIt likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JFon101231

JFon101231 Active Member

Ask them to show you:
    1) where in the owners manual that is suggested
    Or
    2) what they have found to suggest it would otherwise be required

Spoiler alert - they are not required, and I'd suggest locating another dealer. Amazed they didn't also throw in the cabin air filter with UV/ozone treatment at the cost of $300 "to protect your family"...

turtleturtle and ICanBreakIt like this.
  9. An Tran

An Tran New Member

Thank you all for your advices and suggestions. I will pass on their recommendations and keep putting more miles on it.