Tire Warranty/Lifespan?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Rav, Feb 9, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

If you go to the Tire Rack website and search for tires for the Honda Clarity, there are two different versions of the Energy Saver tires that pop up. One for $217.99 that is designated for Ford, Lexus, and Toyota. Another one for $243.80 that is designated for Honda as "Original Equipment". In the specs, the OEM tire is 24 lbs and the cheaper tire is 25 lbs. That appears to be the only difference. Lighter tires provide better mileage and range.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Here’s the tread depth on my OEM tires at 15,000 miles. Only the RR is showing a slight amount of center tread wear. They were rotated at 7500 miles. The dealer recommended to not rotate them at this time. B9BD11A7-D654-466B-B72C-2A017CE28FBD.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  4. JKroll

JKroll Member

I have 33 k on 2018 one ... tires are ok so far

5. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Hey... I like this.
    Did you measure this yourself and somehow generate this report?

6. I drove over sensors at the dealer. It looks like a speed hump.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

My dealer needs to up their game. I’m pretty sure they still use Lincoln’s head.

9. Recoil45

Recoil45 Active Member

Dealers buy this equipment so they can document factory alignment issues and get paid under warrantee to align the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. PHEVDave

PHEVDave Active Member

Just out of curiosity, what pressure do you keep your tires inflated to?

11. 34-36psi. A few items in the trunk, maybe 50lbs and I’m about 150lbs.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. moka

moka New Member

Just rotated mine today at 14,000 miles. Curious to know why the dealer recommended no rotation on yours.

14. He seemed to think that the 2 best tires were on the front, as is. Although, swapping the left side front to rear might put the better tire on the front, it’s the hardly worth the effort. I’ll revisit in another 7500 miles.

15. Recoil45

Recoil45 Active Member

I would have rotated the front left to right as one is wearing the outside edge faster than the other. Many cars do this due to road crowns or just the weight of the driver in a single occupancy driver. It is very noticeable in my corvette (drivers side wears faster) with its soft summer performance tires. I rotate often to keep them balanced. It's less noticeable in my truck but the drivers front wears faster as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. If I do anything it will be LR to LF. Then the 2 front tires will be equally and evenly worn. We have a 700 mile, one day trip at the end of April, so I have some time to ponder.

17. My routine is front to back, then left to right, then front to back, etc. Every 10,000 miles. That way each tire does duty on each corner, evening wear. My originals just got rotated 3 times - at 40,000 miles they were about due anyway, but went another couple thousand miles and got replaced with some tread left due to approaching winter.

That said, any old way is probably fine.

18. michael shama

michael shama New Member

I had the same issue, took my car to the dealer to complain, they told me to call michelin directly - I called michelin directly to file a warranty claim - once I filed it, michelin worked with the dealer to check treat wear, and michelin offered me a 50% credit on tires through the dealer. Hope others can get the same thing!
    Still expensive - but relatively easy!

19. Eva Farkas

Eva Farkas New Member

Hmmm, I do a ton of driving (40-50K per year). Our 2018 Clarity (bought in Feb 2018) uses summers and winters (we're in Toronto).

I'm currently at 134K kms, and we still have life left on both our Honda OEM summers and our Toyo Observe G3-Ice winters.

My last winter shop visit (end of Dec. 2020) show between 6-8/32s on the 4 winter tires (after about 80K of usage)

My last summer shop visit (mid-Oct. 2020) showed between 5-6/32s on the 4 Honda OEM summers (after about 53K of usage)

20. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

At the slooow rate I am accumulating mileage, my tires will need to be changed due to tire rot, not mileage. 10K in 2 years of ownership.