Rav4 Prime (price paid)

Discussion in 'Rav4 Prime' started by onix, Jan 31, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. onix

onix New Member

Would like to calibrate my purchase price to what others have recently paid for this PHEV.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Arbab Amjad

Arbab Amjad New Member

$52K for Rav4 Prime XSE

4. sc@ev

sc@ev New Member

I have been quoted between $5k-$10k over MSRP. I refuse to pay more than MSRP. I will wait until supply catches up with demand.

JGIORD and Mattsburgh like this.
  5. onix

onix New Member

Toyota's own website quotes $41,425 for the base XSE model. Where did you buy, and what options did you get?

6. Arbab Amjad

Arbab Amjad New Member

Mine is with premium package and few extras. MSRP was 51k for this vehicle.

Clarence likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. gonzo

gonzo New Member

Managed to find an XSE with the premium audio package and got it for 48.5k. MSRP was 46k but the dealership required that you get the clear guarding and scotch guard service which bumped it the 2.5k. Not the worst considering I at least got something for being asked to pay above MSRP which was better than any other dealership in the area. Next best was asking 3k above MSRP

9. onix

onix New Member

Geographic location, gonzo? Some have PM’ed getting MSRP, but way out in the woods.

10. gonzo

gonzo New Member

Portland, OR

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It would be very helpful if people reporting the price they paid (or were quoted) also gave the name of the dealer and even the salesperson. Also, OTD (Out-The-Door) prices are the easiest to compare.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. gonzo

gonzo New Member

Good call insightman. Doesn’t help much without all the info. Dealership was Ron Tonkin Toyota, salesman Wade.

as another note, they were only selling to customers with a Portland address because of the high demand

14. onix

onix New Member

Walked into the dealership in Oakland, CA. Not the yuppiest neighborhood. Salesperson said $20K over MSRP without a single one in stock. Buuhahahahaha!!! I left without a word.

15. gonzo

gonzo New Member

That’s almost half of the MSRP!?!? Crazy thing is knowing the area someone might actually pay that...

Glad I only stayed in the Bay Area for 2 years, those prices are insane. Might as well get a Tesla or a luxury car at that point

16. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

Looks like the SE models are starting to dip under MSRP in NY and NJ while XSEs are selling at MSRP in those states. In CA there are dealers that sell at MSRP, but they have 3 month long waitlists.

onix likes this.
  17. RyanM

RyanM New Member

I got mine yesterday after being on the list for a month or so. Got mine for sticker price. SE with weather and moonroof package, all weather mats and cargo liner, roof rails, mud guards, blackout emblems, paint protection, and rear bumper applique, ( this was how it arrived from the factory). With delivery fee $42,292. Add tax/licensing $46,048. No dealer markup. I live in N. California.

Domenick likes this.
  18. LAF

LAF Active Member

I know its a sedan and not an SUV, but you can get a Touring (top model) Honda Clarity (50 EV miles) for ~$32K (I have had it for 3 years and it is terrific-zero problems and virtually no maintenance)

19. onix

onix New Member

My folks own the Clarity. That car serves a different purpose. Fine for family drives and availing of the tax incentives for a plug-in, but beyond that the comparisons diverge. Notably, and for utilitarian purposes, the Rav4 has capabilities that the Clarity simply does not - 4wd, room mode, hauling capability, 120vac access to the internal battery for car camping.

Domenick likes this.
  20. johncl

johncl Member

I live in the Bay Area and there is no way I will pay over MSRP, yet alone 5k or 10k over the MSRP

Consumers are asking to be scalped. In the end it is just a vehicle that takes you from point A to point B

onix likes this.
  21. GEORGE Henry NOLIN

GEORGE Henry NOLIN New Member

My dealer, AutoNation Toyota on the Gulf Freeway in Houston said he had a cancellation of an order placed late last year, and if I would put $1000 down, they would put my name on that order. I put $1000 down on the order on May 10, 2021. I got an email on June 25th that the vehicle had "showed up" on the production schedule in Japan, and that it should be in Houston distribution center on 8/30/2021. It is a fully loaded XSE with the premium packages and a total MSRP of $49442. I was told that I would not pay any more than MSRP.

electriceddy likes this.
  22. I would imagine a pre-order cancellation from last year would come right off the dealer's bottom line profit, so lucky for you to be in the right spot at the right time, congratulations:)

23. Thao

Thao New Member

Wow! Where do I start?! My journey for a RAV4 Prime only started around 1 month ago (so not too long ago). I got impatient and bought a 2021 RAV4 Hybrid XSE (Metallic Gray). I mean, this thing looks great, with the black wheels, 2-tone exterior, etc.; and I even topped it off with additional accessories (running boards, tinted windows, LED Fog Lights, Led Interior Lights, Door Sills, Paint Protection Film on Hood, Front Bumper, and Door Sides).

Of course less than 3 weeks after this Hybrid purchase, I find “My Prime” in Maryland (two states over)! Now this is a fully loaded “Panda” RAV4 Prime XSE with XSE Premium (panorama roof, 6.6 kW battery, etc.). Yes, the dealership marked it up $4,995; but in all honesty, I have no regrets because this was the exterior color we wanted & top-of-the-line. Of course we spent another $2,500 on accessories (similar to the Hybrid). So it ended up costing us $57,039 out the door, hundreds for flights, an expensive Lyft ride, a whole day of traveling, etc. ($60K+); BUT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!

The driving experience is like Night and Day, the Hybrid does not even compare! Absolutely do not assume a RAV4 Prime is basically a RAV4 Hybrid! It is not, I own one of each and now I am wanting to sell the Hybrid for another Prime! I’m contemplating on settling for a Prime SE, but I really want another Prime XSE Premium. The HUD, pano roof, parking sensors, and especially the front ventilated leather cooling seats are just too hard to pass up!

TRUST ME… the extra money for the Prime is absolutely worth it! Good luck getting a fully loaded XSE; SE’s are readily available; but do not pay more than $2,000 over MSRP for an SE! For a fully loaded XSE, I think $5,000 to $7,500 over MSRP is totally worth it!

Attached Files:

B&K Adventures and Domenick like this.