Android Auto apps

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moff1959, Feb 13, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I searched the forum and read the comments I did connect my Samsung phone through the Mini connected app, I got the calendar up on my screen as mentioned but the apps were not high lighted and I could not open any thing in Android Auto. I am unsure about the updates other post refer to how is that executed?

I don't really intend using Android Auto that much but I would like to know if I can get it to work on my 2021 Mini SE.

Anyone else looked at this or has any input they would like to share ?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Olof

Olof New Member

Last time I checked Mini Se didn't support Android Auto. It only supports Apple Car.
    Apologies if I bring bad news
    Olof

EV Novice likes this.
  4. Hey Olof its not bad news its clarity we are all looking for, I looked at post on here where people had connected there phone and used Android Auto! were they talking about there BMW in a Mini? forum or am I misunderstanding the thread?. If it can not be done then so be it, no big deal but lets clear that up.

5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

MINI has iDrive apps you can download to your car to get some functionality, or the closest alternative to Android Auto is probably the Android Auto for iDrive project that I posted about.

6. "Download to your car" please explain how this process works and I will have a go at installing the iDrive apps

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

My Clarity (photo at left) has Android Auto (and Apple CarPlay, too). Just sayin'

BMW is just starting to add Android Auto, but their implementation works only wirelessly and only with a few high-end phones.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021