Dashcam

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moff1959, Feb 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I had a dashcam installed in my previous ride I plan to install this in my Mini its a Rexing V1 and I captured this one day on the way home from work.
    This young girl ran a stop sign in front of me and continued on down the road all over the place she cuts the corner, then this happened a very lucky girl.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

My heart almost stopped just watching that video. I can’t imagine if I had seen it in person!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Domenick and moff1959 like this.
  4. Installed in my Mini today Rexing V1 4k dashcam
    20210206_114003.jpg 20210206_114033.jpg

5. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

That is way too close for my comfort - dang!

Yay on the dash cam being installed! I haven't gotten there yet myself

6. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

That was nuts!

Did you pry the trim panels off?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. It was loose once the screws were removed a bit tight at the center consul but dropped down with out a fight I was going to take out the glove box but it was an easy install and did not need to get that involved.

polyphonic likes this.
  9. I did a test run yesterday before we got the snow today

F14Scott and Puppethead like this.
  10. Heck of a way to kick off a thread! Heart was in my mouth.
    Thanks for sharing this installation. Very awesome. :)

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Pete MINI ES

Pete MINI ES New Member

Holy crap!

13. Oh, dang it. Left my brain at home again.

Thankfully you didn't have to see the blood and guts that were nanoseconds away.

Engineer had quite a story to tell at the roundhouse.

14. A young girl she still had her phone in her hand when she got out of the car, I checked to make sure she was ok of course then left it to her to explain her actions to the Police.

15. And, of course, you made that call to the Police. I'll bet the train company was interested in talking to her insurance. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen anything this close of call. Should offer the footage for a national PSA.

How was she? Don't tell me nonplussed!

16. That particular crossing has featured on national TV when a tractor trailer got stuck there and was demolished by the train. Its a strange setup for a RR crossing, she was more concerned about her phone not realizing how close to death she just came. It is sad but a lot of the younger generation seem to be that way they pay zero attention to their driving or surroundings.

RRcross.JPG

17. Oh, that's an Amtrak! Feds interested in fixing that streak off the sides of a dozen of their passenger cars, I'm sure. Maybe they'll update the control of that Xing if they ever see this.

But the horns blasting though. How can you not hear, feel that?

Seen plenty of middle agers and (younger) seniors fiddling with their phones whilst operating a potential lethal weapon. And our reaction triggers are slower.