Level 2 Charger parametric comparison table

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by MagicSmoke, Jan 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hi, new to this forum, purchased 2020 Kona Ultimate in Gray on 12/31/20 to lock in tax credit, and am looking for a Level 2 Charger parametric table (sortable, filterable) that has columns for each of the key parameters and features, such as this:

Model & Manufacturer, Description | Cost | Charge Rate (Amps) | Selectable Charge Rate(s)? | Cable length | Timer | Fixed | Portable | Wifi | Internal GFCI | other features, etc.

MUSTART Level 2 Portable EV Charger | $349 | 40 Amp | No | 25ft | No | No | Yes, NEMA 14-50P | No

Has anyone seen such a website that contains this kind of feature comparison? I'm not looking for those websites advertising "Top 10 L2 Chargers" and hopefully not overthinking this.

I might make my own table in excel, which can be attached to this post using the buttons below the posting input page.

Thanks,

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I'm not aware of such a table. You might be interested in Tom Moloughneys YouTube channel. He's testing Lvl2 chargers there.

4. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

I too have watched Tom Moloughneys channel. Your price you are seeking is a little optimistic for what you are looking for. They do exist out there but not with all the features. The Kona can only accept 32 amps. Even though I bought a 40 amp, it still only takes 32amps. I'm not aware of a table like your are seeking. If you were to contact him, he may have all his reviews tables as you seek. This is what I have.

5. Gsbrryprk8

Gsbrryprk8 Member

One “feature” that I considered strongly when purchasing my EVSE was that it be UL listed.

I reasoned that if I’m running 30-40 amps through a device, in my garage and into my car, unattended and sometimes in wet conditions, it should at least have this safety designation.

Based on my reading it seemed that UL may be a higher standard than ETL and CSA. I don’t know if this is true but that’s what I went with.

Anyway, the only company I found that does this is Clipper Creek, so that made my choice easy. I don’t mind paying a little more for that piece on mind.

Note that some EVSEs advertise testing certification for the *plug* or the *cable*, but not the electronics, which are equally or more important.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs