Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid now sold in California only?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Mrmayhem4, Aug 3, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Electra

Electra Active Member

Trade in value has gone down a lot these past 6 months. Go and see how much they'll give for your car. Also check Carvana and Vroom.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Because you don't live in California, you can't take advantage of the amazing incentives Honda offers there. So run the numbers and remember two things: The 2021 Clarity PHEV's adaptive cruise control won't apply regen to maintain your set speed when going downhill, and the pedestrian warning noise ("Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System" in the Owners Manual) is louder than the one to which you're accustomed. I could live without my 2018 Clarity's pleasingly tactile ridges on the steering-wheel volume control, but those other two changes are deal-breakers for me.

gedwin, Pegsie and Robert_Alabama like this.
  4. PHEVDave

PHEVDave Active Member

The “Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System” is a deal-breaker for you? Wow. I’m sure it would be as simple as pulling a wire or maybe even covering the speaker so the sound is not so loud.

5. Luckily I’m half deaf and live in an urban environment so I don’t mind a louder alert system! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve waited behind pedestrians texting and walking who are totally oblivious that there is a 4000 lb car behind them.

I haven’t kept up with this forum so I didn’t know there were any updates for 2021 (even if minor).

Just got an email from the dealer offering a no-haggle price of $33.5K for a touring. That’s less than what I haggled for in May 2018! So very, very tempting esp with a $21K trade in value on my 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

OK, stuffing a sock in the 2021's louder Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System would be a deal-saver. However, with only 12,000 miles on our wonderful 2018 Clarity, it's not quite worn out yet, so I won't have to decide which sock to sacrifice to make a 2021 easier to live with.

I didn't mention another more personal 2021 deal-breaker: no more Moonlit Forest Pearl paint, just more common shades shared with other Hondas.

Pooky likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. $4K off a 2021 is not a bad price. Particularly outside of CA. It seems most of the smoking deals in CA are on 2020 models, but I will admit to not following all the details on such matters.

Less the $7500 Fed credit, the net cost is $26K, plus tax. So essentially $5K for a new car with your $21K trade in.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    Pegsie and insightman like this.
  9. TNGJ

TNGJ New Member

https://insideevs.com/news/445987/honda-suv-econcept-cr-v-phev/
    If any honda dealer saying in USA they don`t sell Honda Clarity please contact Honda support they will have a talk with that dealer and he will call you back with a "offer you will not refuse".

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2021
  10. Is there is any correlation between the article that you linked and your statement?

11. Pooky

Pooky Active Member

Absolutely. They both refer to Honda, the well-known engine and motor company known for their sport bikes and family SUVs.

Cheers

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Of course. It all makes sense now.

PHEVDave likes this.
  14. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

New member, first post. In a day/week/month the link will be edited by the OP and point to a different site for search engine points.

15. Rajiv Vaidyanathan

Rajiv Vaidyanathan Active Member

The very dealer that sold me my Clarity in 2018 in Duluth, Minnesota just said that I was the only Clarity they ever sold because "EVs don't work well in cold climates." <eyeroll>

16. Tom Webber

Tom Webber New Member

I'm sure curious about who offered you $21k as a trade in. The best I've gotten is $15,500 on my lease. Considering in one-year I can buy it for $13,010 I'm going to keep it and just pay cash. I love this car more than any I've had in years. My leasing it was just to be sure I could live with it long term. Turns out I can.