Low Tire Pressure Light On

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Raymondca, Jan 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. glockgirl

glockgirl Member

just had the same issue last week. FL weather been a bit cold, in the 30 at night and 40-60 in day time. i put 40psi in on all the tires, i use to run that on my prius v a few years back. i like the feel of it. i had my tires rotated and the low tire pressure come on again. i checked, still all 4 where sitting around the 40 psi, so i recalibrated it and is good to go. i drove over 54 miles on pure EV after leaving the house with only 45 mi range. im running 3 original tires with 1 regular, not LRR tire. i just hit 40K and havne't had any issues with my tires so far. in the summer time, i'll drop the psi down to 35.
    when it time to buy new tires, i'll get me a good pair, non-LRR style. I did that in my Prius V and i did see a 10% MPG drop, when from 44 down to 40. but after calculating the price of tires, LRR vs Reg and price of gas (at the time) over the longer life cycle of tires, it end up being a total wash. i would have spend more $$ on buying LRR tires with less of life cycle but better MPGs.

2. To remove this ad click here.