I'm Worried About My Status with Ford

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by CharlieMyBoy, Jan 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CharlieMyBoy

CharlieMyBoy New Member

I registered and then ordered (I thought) with my local dealership for a Mach-E in early October. I got a completed form entitled "Preview of Order J155 - K3R Premium RWD" on October 12. This was texted to my by the local dealer with a cell phone picture of the form. I have not received any further communications whatsoever from Ford corporate. Yet you folks are getting build dates and delivery dates from Ford.

My dealership salesman says "I will have to check on it." No answer yet.

I am worried that my dealer didn't communicate the order to Ford. Should I worry?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I don't know that I'd worry yet. The lines of communication between a dealership sales person and Ford corporate is probably not a very clear one. I would, though, stay on your salesperson's case so they give you a clear answer as soon as possible.

Maybe @KEN L PARISH will show up and share how his ordering process went.

4. FISHEV

FISHEV Member

You should show as a customer with a reservation on the Ford.com website. I wonder if dealers were able to order for stock?

5. The first official news of what caused the delay has emerged. According to Ford's vice president of product development and purchasing, Thai-Tang, "The Mach-E delay stems from an "industrialization issue" with a single supplier he declined to name. In both cases, they're complex issues with tools that were installed with overseas support. It was complicated by COVID absenteeism, but we're on the right path."
    A similar situation happened with the Ford Bronco, where a supplier didn't live up to its obligations.

6. CharlieMyBoy

CharlieMyBoy New Member

Well today I got an email from Ford saying that my Mach-E is scheduled to be built the week of May 3. The good news: in 2021! Lord, that is fully SEVEN months after I ordered it! Shipping? Delivery? They didn't say, but it could be going on NINE months after order that I receive it. I test drive the dealer's demo tomorrow, and I'll see if I still want it. I could probably buy a second hand one and have it earlier. And all after the "available in late 2020" advertisement. Very disappointed!

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. There are a number of Mach E available at dealers for sale in California and Oregon. I have kona on lease that ends in 2022 and have been considering getting a Mach E. When I am ready I plan on buying one off the lot. If you want to locate dealers with them you can look on auto trader, car gurus or similar. Just select new ford Mach E and it will list all of them in your area. You can usually set a radius from 100 miles to nation wide. This is how I have located several in my area

9. As @Fastnf mentions, there may be some Mach-E available for sale at dealers, but I think mostly they're still mostly going to reservation holders. My local dealership has a couple right now, but they're being used for demos. It could be that dealers are selling cancelled pre-order cars.

Also, I understand your disappointment at the delay. Sure would be nice if things happened the way they're supposed to.

10. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Ford is going to give a $1,000 and some free charging for any delay.

Domenick likes this.
  11. We covered this on the InsideEVs Podcast today. Apparently, 4,500 buyers, 1,500 of which who've already taken delivery, will receive 250 kWh of free charging on their FordPass account and 150 buyers will get $1,000 off the price of their car.

12. To remove this ad click here.