My Kona is at Hyundai for the Battery update...

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Jun 22, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mine took 65 minutes.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. herode10

herode10 Member

The minimum battery module temperature needs to be over 25C to get maximum power. I read on other posts that power might be limited with high battery temp, like 35C which I never reached here in Montreal.

4. Just had the update done this morning. I waited probably about an hour and a half. Apparently the service tech also did a comprehensive check of "inspection points" like lights, horn, fluid levels, battery terminals, tires, etc., all presented on a check list. I went in with SOC at 38% and got it back at 35%. Prior to this service, I've been charging to 80% and getting a GOM reading of around 260 miles. I'm now charging to 80% and see that the system thinks that 234 miles will be charged. As others have noted, the option to charge the 12v battery disappears.

5. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

That's to be expected.. The update will reset anything related to the battery to factory default.. so the range will be the factory default range.. Once you drive 200 - 300 miles, it will adjust back to where it was.

6. Now lets see...conversion to Island time... yep- 2 to 3 hours sounds about right:)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. If you are bored while charging the 21 model with the 10.25" screen, no password (numbers) are required for "Engineering Mode".
    Go to Setup/General settings screen (the one with the update icon):
    [​IMG]
    Tap 5 times left (of update) then once right - take you right into "engineering mode". Here is the "simple screen:
    [​IMG]
    monitors various functions, lots of new screens to play with(compared to 2019 model);)

mho, ericy and 1st-KonaEV-in-FL like this.