HondaLink Climate/ Update

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Mad_River, Dec 17, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Our Clarity’s HondaLink worked great up until I finally took it to the dealer for an inspection. Now it won’t update the charge percentage, locate the vehicle, or allow me to turn on the climate. All of this stuff worked perfectly before the dealer visit. It displays an error when turning on the climate regardless of where the car is or if it is plugged into 240V.
    If I force a refresh (by tapping refresh) of the app it sometimes will show climate system is now on. I deleted the car from the app and reinstalled the app, but that didn’t fix the issue. Is there anything I can do on the car end since I suspect they did something to it at the dealer that is causing it to not want to accept commands from the app or update the charge status? I know some of you have had glitchy app experiences, so I imagine someone knows what will remedy this. Screen shots below show the app error message and that it won’t update the car’s location while parked.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

The basic things to try:

- Reboot your device running HondaLink.
    - Uninstall the app. Reboot device. Install again.
    - Check that your OS on the device is up-to-date.

- Reboot head unit: Hold audio power button until you get a REBOOT option on screen. Tap it to reboot.
    - Reboot car: Disconnect power from 12-volt battery under the hood. Wait about 10 minutes. Reconnect.

If, after doing these, it still doesn't work - you may want to return to the dealer for them to "undo" whatever they did to the car with updates?

Mad_River likes this.
  4. Danks

Danks Active Member

My HondaLink has begun acting the same way and I have not taken my Clarity to the dealer. It could just be a HondaLink issue.

Mad_River likes this.
  5. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

I posed another thread about the app just cutting out all the time. Similar behavior. I think this is happening to everyone in one way or another.

6. I tried all the things David in TN suggested except disconnecting the 12V battery to reboot the car. I did notice the app updated a week ago to version 4.3.5 so maybe that is causing the issue. I will try the car reboot tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. leop

leop Active Member

After the Android HondaLink app update in the last few days, I had to logout and login again to get HondaLink to display the SOC, mileage, and location. Also, I seem to need to touch refresh button each time I run the app to get the SOC, mileage, and location to dispplay. So, with these efforts, the app currently works for me.

LP

9. zman0900

zman0900 New Member

After I reinstalled, it now says my account is locked and I can't log in at all for a couple days now. Anyone else run into that? The same account still works for Honda Financial and the Owner's site, so it doesn't seem like it could really be locked. Even tried resetting the password, but that didn't help.

10. TomL

TomL Active Member

My HondaLink has also been balky lately with regards to preconditioning with an error message, although it preconditioning works via key fob.

11. turtleturtle

I feel dumb asking this, but how does this work from the key fob? I had no idea.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Las Vegas here. Just checked and it's working correctly.

14. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

1. Press the Lock button on the remote
    2. Press the "fan" button on the remote and hold for a couple of seconds. The lights will flash on the Clarity and then the HVAC will respond as appropriate for up to 30 minutes.

15. glockgirl

glockgirl Member

i just went to the play store and honda link app. pull down the option to contact developer and sent and email explaining all the issues since last update.
    if everyone does the same, maybe it will get fixed sooner then later. if they don't know thier update effecting us in bad way, they may not fix it at all.

16. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

It's been bad for a week or so. Getting the time out errors but in reality it does push out the bits to start climate control, since eventually it shows the temperature.

I don't think using the contact developer does anything. In the past, I had better success calling in. They would take the info and call you back a week later, but at that point, they would start to collect logs and stuff in the backend.

17. zman0900

zman0900 New Member

Well, I figured out my login problem. Turns out my password was too strong. If your password is either too long or has certain special characters in it (can't tell which), then HondaLink login fails with this nonsense "locked-out" error, even though they accept these "too secure" passwords when changing / resetting the password.

At some point before these problems started, I was forced to change the password when logging in to check my loan, but HondaLink never forced a re-login after that. So it seems it was stuck in a half-working, barely logged in state. Now that I am logged in again with my new, less secure password, maybe the app will work better...

18. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

I'm one version behind on the app (it hasn't forced me to update like usual). Since the AT&T bomb in Nashville, HL has been unable to update charge state, schedule, etc. So when the car can't reach the server, but the app can connect directly with the car over BT the app still won't update charge level or apply schedule changes. A bit disappointed that this direct communication can't be functional in the absence of the server comms.

19. The issue resolved itself on its own, but I finally got a call today from Honda app support from my email on Dec 18th. She said that the sheer volume of emails prevented a more prompt response. She recommended calling in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. turtleturtle

I think December was not a good month for any company. I sent a Xmas package to the UK that showed up last week; impossible to get through to CS, but by some miracle it arrived. 2 months late.