Off Topic: How to hide a thread?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by turtleturtle, Dec 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

There’s one thread that I’m not interested in that’s always on top because it always has replies.

Does anyone know how to hide or mute a specific thread?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. You can “unwatch” a thread, so as not to get notifications of new posts. I suspect what you’re looking for is a personalized “view” of the Clarity Forum home page that eliminates the undesirable thread.

Not sure that is possible, but Domenick may have the answer.

4. turtleturtle

^^Yup.

Angelo likes this.
  5. Angelo

Angelo New Member

Ha, how about a filter for hiding Clarity or Tesla posts?! They really infect the discussion forum-wide!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  6. This is Inside EV’s, right? I see you’re using the app.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm dying to know, is the frequently accessed "Price paid" the problem thread?

9. That would be my guess.

How difficult is it to scroll past the thread and click on a more interesting one?

10. insightman

Even though I paid MSRP, I always read that topic to see the amazing deals that are available in California. I was, glad Honda sold me 2 gen-1 Insights for about half of what they cost to build, but I thought Honda's bean-counters had stopped that practice--until the Clarity showed up. Why is there a 2021 Clarity PHEV? Why didn't the Pilot PHEV happen? They could have sold that truck for MSRP.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  11. 25B0A341-7D3D-412E-85CD-9DB2FD8FFF64.jpeg C4467930-8158-4736-BC99-856292E9E0D8.jpeg The word compliance comes to mind.

Here’s a coworkers Insight, 2nd gen ?, with a custom bike rack.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

Lowercase "insight" = gen 1. I'll bet his bikes aren't as nice as yours.

14. No. And neither is his car.

He is a very nice person, however.

15. turtleturtle

Hey, I just figured I would ask if there was a filter. There was nothing I could see to do it, but then again I’ve only been in here a few months.

The price paid thread is great, but maybe it should just be pinned. On mobile, it displays an image and takes up the entire screen.

First world problems, I know... I’m getting more curmudgeon-ey as I age.

16. Yeah, sorry @turtleturtle (one of my favorite usernames), there's only a watch or un-watch feature at this point. Changes to the Forum do occasionally occur, but I haven't heard this feature being discussed.

17. Interesting. I view the site on a mobile device, not using the app, and it just looks like every other thread.
    C556E625-B40E-41BB-9ED2-35A08D89648E.png

18. turtleturtle

Thanks for confirming Domenick; at least I know it’s not a hidden setting somewhere.

Domenick likes this.
  19. turtleturtle

I’m doing it via the app; attaching what it looks like. Maybe I’ll switch to mobile browser, if that’s cleaner.
    IMG_1828.JPG

20. turtleturtle

I found a work around!

Under settings on the mobile app, you can turn off the default to display pictures from threads. This is what was taking up the whole screen.

You still see the thread, but it’s not massive.
    IMG_2084.JPG

Domenick likes this.