Is there normally lights around radio button and climate button at night.

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by 1stKonaEV, Nov 25, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Been driving my 2020 Kona EV for a while and with the time changed, I remark that there is no light under any button or around the volume of the 10.25 inch display at night. Is there a setting to activate or it does not exist?..

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I agree, no setting...no existence. I rely on the dome light, but it would have been a great idea to have a low level led strip below the central vents just above the climate control buttons. The volume I don't have an issue with as it is the only round knob on the left side below the display.

4. May be they want us to rely on the main screen for all activities... but still, even for the seat climate and even gear buttons, a light blue LED behind would been a plus..

5. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

So far one of the biggest gripes is that the climate control buttons aren't backlit. It's already a distraction to adjust the climate control while driving in any vehicle, but in the Kona EV you have to either fumble in the dark or turn on the dome light. It *should* have been really easy to backlight those buttons and I have no idea why they didn't...

6. dave4192000

dave4192000 New Member

There should be lights. Also, check that the light level is turned up. Adjustment is located left side of dash near door.

Attached Files:

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Will check, thanks for that:)

9. Dave is right, finally, because my car was getting out of the dealer for the bms recall, they shut off the lights. I put it on auto mode and at night everything was working, sorry for this post

10. No worries ,yes as long as the headlights are on, the buttons will light...however if you are just sitting there (without the headlights on) charging, having a coffee before work, listening to music, checking notes etc you are still guessing. It would have been nice to have a defeat button feature when the by the car is in run mode (or utility mode for that matter) and activated by the photoeye alone.;)