Price paid, plus dealer info

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ommatidia

ommatidia New Member

Do you mind telling which dealer it is?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. LYON22

LYON22 New Member

Could you share the name of your contact of Westminster Hondaworld? Do you still have their quote for you? Thanks

4. LYON22

LYON22 New Member

I am looking to buy a Clarity 2020 Base in Orange County. Do you have any idea about the current price (before TTL and OTD) paid? Thank you

5. Isn't there also still a $1,000 rebate from the ARB? And wouldn't you get a rebate from your utility as well? And the $7,500 tax credit? Looks like you will end up paying about $17,000 plus TTL for a brand new Touring.

6. mattheo0118

mattheo0118 Member

With the $1500 clean car reward you won't qualify for the rebate from the utility anymore., It's either or... You can still get the $1000ARB

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hedgefundie

Hedgefundie Member

Not true for PG&E and Peninsula Clean Energy

-$7,500 Federal
    -$1,500 CARB
    -$1,000 CVRP
    -$800 PG&E
    -$700 PCE

9. mattheo0118

mattheo0118 Member

Valid call out, my apologize. Was speaking for socal area.

10. Taku112

Taku112 New Member

Could you please advise which dealer is this?

I am looking to purchase my first Clarity plug-in, and I am in the Orange County, any pointers would be appreciated, thanks all

11. DanGest

DanGest Member

Have a friend living in san mateo county, if he has PGandE would he qualify for all of these? I'm just not up to date on how the CARB thing works

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Hedgefundie

Hedgefundie Member

Yes he would, but there is an income limit for CVRP

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

14. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

In SoCal has anyone managed to get a price lower than $27,500 before taxes & fees for a Touring or is that the best we can get before the end of the year?
    I see the $26,400 but that includes $1,500 clean fuel rebate which would negate the $1,000 rebate from SCE. Which would make a price of $27,500-$1,000 = $26,500 with SCE Rebate.....sound about right?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  15. Bender

Bender Active Member

Is there a solid answer -- out of state buyers are ineligible for the mfr to dealer incentive? (If picked up in CA).
    My 2018 Touring I think just became a Total Loss today.

16. We received the manufacturer to dealer incentive from a CA dealer as Oregon residents. Delivery was in Oregon.

We also would have received the incentive had we taken possession in CA. However, we would have paid CA sales tax.

Every dealer seems to have a different story, so you may need to make a few calls to find one that is willing to work with you.

17. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

I am looking to get a 2020 Clarity Touring in the next week or so and I thinking if we have a few of us wanting to purchase maybe we can do a group buy and get a better price.
    Message me if you are looking to purchase a 2020 Clarity in SoCal in the next week or so.

18. Mirohany

Mirohany New Member

What is difference between CARB and CVRP? I thought they’re the same program.

thanks in advance

19. microkernel

microkernel New Member

$32,400 out the door price for 2020 Base trim in Seattle WA.
    Honda doesn't have dealer incentives in WA state unfortunately, but we do have sales tax exemption for first 25K.

20. Bender

Bender Active Member

I should have noticed earlier... oregon is one of the states honda has the mfr to dealer incentive. I wonder if any out of state buyers have been successful who were NOT in ZEV states.

Alternately, an off-the-wall idea:
    It seems for Vermont, "anyone" can register a vehicle there, without a vermont license or being a vermont resident or any other requirement. (I didn't check all the other states.) It does not indicate you need to ever intend to use the vehicle in the state. They seem happy to take your money. Of course, the home state has requirements (<30 days after bringing the vehicle in the state for mine). If the dealer does need it registered in one of Honda's qualifying states, then it seems like potentially one could just register in Vermont, pay 6% +misc sales taxes, then register in your own state afterwards? (with 6% vermont sales tax credit against own state's fees in most states. Yes, this "cheats" the home state out of sales taxes).
    https://dmv.vermont.gov/tag/registration#:~:text=Do%20I%20have%20to%20be,in%20the%20state%20of%20Vermont https://dmv.vermont.gov/faq/do-i-need-a-vermont-license-to-register-a-vehicle-in-vermont https://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/documents/VD-119i-Registration_Tax_Title_Instructions.pdf

CA also allows (and requires) nonresidents to register vehicles in CA, but only when they're to be used within the state... so it seems like an out-of-state buyer paying 2-4% more to register in CA first wouldn't fly, at least not legitimately.

I haven't started calling dealers, need to figure out exactly what I want first as in 2020 or 2021, color, total price... I'll probably only call later this week to ask and see if TX shipment is allowed with just registering it in TX directly.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  21. atomix

atomix New Member

The factory to dealer incentive is intriguing. I'm in the market for a base model Clarity here in Maryland, and have gotten some OTD quotes via phone and email. These are below invoice generally. Does anyone know if the factory to dealer incentive applies in my state?

With the federal tax credit, this starts to look like a $25k vehicle here, out the door. But there are some nice non-plug in options at that price too. Trying to figure out if there is more room to move on that price.

22. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

How long has the Clarity been sitting, unloved, on the lot? What kind of deals does your dealer offer on other Hondas? I believe the Honda dealer incentives are available only for savvy west coast customers.

What do you consider to be the other nice non-plug in options at that price? The $7,500 federal EV tax credit makes it very tough to match the Clarity's size, level of luxury, and exceptional fuel economy. After driving our Clarity on EV, I was hooked and can never go back to an ICE-only car.

Robert_Alabama likes this.
  23. atomix

atomix New Member

Good points, the best competition I've seen is sitting on Honda's lot, the Accord hybrid. Having a plug in is very attractive, but the accords packaging and more up to date style and interior are big draws. It looks like Honda is going to sell maybe 4000 claritys this year. I've owned rare cars before, but for a daily driver I think the more common accord is the right answer right now. $4500 more at EX trim level, so it's not insignificant, but neither are concerns about parts availability and expertise when we own this car 10 years from now.