Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Dispatched from Factory for me today. Went from Exterior Body Assembly Begins to this in 2 days. If it can get on a ship fast enough, it could arrive next month!

insightman, GvilleGuy and MichaelC like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tommy Electric

Tommy Electric Active Member

I've been busy at work with little time to post recently. I did, however, finally pick up my new SE from the dealers on Monday. I absolutely love it and couldn't be happier with the choice of car and colour scheme. I find myself wanting to go out for a drive just for the hell of it. I plan on updating my previous review in time with a few more observations and thoughts. In the meantime, here she is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Looks great! I am leaning toward that same configuration with black roof.

5. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Looks amazing! The more I see the green the more I love it. Enjoy your new car!

That's what I ordered and is waiting in port at Southampton at the moment.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  6. Tommy Electric

I was originally hoping to get a black roof but actually prefer the white now. White works better in the Ozzie sun.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

Congratulations, @Tommy Electric! I know exactly what you mean about being eager to go for a drive, regardless of reason. ;)

9. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I really wrestled myself. There is a tree at my dad's house I always park under that spews this godawful sap. As a teen I drove a white car and spent way too much time using rubbing compound to get stains it left out. Since I still park there often that was my only reason why I chose black lol. White roof on BRG is such a classic Mini look. Now you just need to add white bonnet stripes to really make it old school awesome!

10. Tommy Electric

I was struggling with the decision about whether to get the bonnet stripes or not. They look cool but I love the BRG so much I don't want to cover it up!

11. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I hear that! It really is such an awesome color!

I decided to go with black on mine. After having my mini with the bonnet stripes I think I'd feel the car was naked without for me.

Any names yet in mind? (Yes it's a Mini thing to name your car) also don't forget the Mini-loha when out and about

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Tommy Electric

Haven't thought of a suitable name as yet. I'm trying to come up with something related to the green colour. Emmy - short for Emerald? Still thinking...

Lainey likes this.
  14. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I'm working on mine still. I seem to like Mia at the moment. My current is named for a cougar at a zoo, Kiera meaning little dark one (mine is dk gray with black roof). The way the engine growled reminded me of a cougar so I looked up different zoo and wildlife rescue names. My son mentioned that leopards are silent and yet quite quick and that I should keep with the cat theme and name for another animal. So I started looking up leopard names. Mia came up a few times both in a zoo in Germany and the US. Mia means "mine" in Spanish (a language we speak at home) and a few things like beloved and little darling in other languages.

Tommy Electric likes this.
  15. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

There are the female monikers, Birgitte or Bridget that both contain BRG in the correct order. Perhaps BRGitte? BRGITTE would even fit on a 7-character personalized license plate in the States. Does Australia have personalized plates?

Lainey likes this.
  16. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Tommy Electric likes this.
  17. Tommy Electric

That's quite clever and I do like the name Brigitte / Bridgette. We do indeed have personalised plates in Australia but with a maximum of 6 letters and/or numbers.

18. Tommy Electric

Lainey likes this.
  19. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Interestingly that's the one that stuck out to me too. Good luck deciding. It took me a few weeks to name my current. For this one I plan on names but will give one once I drive.

20. insightman

I predict you'll then be naming your car, "WOW!"

Texas22Step likes this.
  21. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Lol

I am looking forward to driving a much improved version of my car soon!
    Still at port in Southampton though.

22. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

A friend of mine named his car "Benjamini". He even got vanity plates with the name. The amusing thing is that all non-Mini drivers assume HIS name is Ben (it's not, his name is Thomas). Other Mini drivers instantly get it though.

23. insightman

I didn't know any license plates could have 9 letters. That certainly opens up more possibilities.