Ford Mustang Mach-E Meets EPA Estimated Range

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by SThomas219, Nov 24, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

2021 MUSTANG MACH-E MEETS TARGETED EPA ESTIMATED RANGE RATINGS, HITS 300 MILES IN PREMIUM EXTENDED-RANGE RWD
    NOV 23, 2020 | DEARBORN, MICH.
    [​IMG]

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 23, 2020 – Today, Ford announced the United States Environmental Protection Agency has certified range numbers for several variants of the all-electric 2021 Mustang Mach-E.

Ford has met all its targeted EPA-estimated range ratings for variants tested by the EPA to date. The premium extended-range rear-wheel-drive Mustang Mach-E meets its targeted EPA-estimated range of 300 miles, while the extended-range all-wheel-drive model meets its targeted EPA-estimated 270-mile range. Standard-range rear-wheel-drive Mustang Mach-E meets its targeted EPA-estimated range of 230-mile, while the standard-range all-wheel-drive model exceeds its 210 miles of targeted range, with an EPA-estimated range of 211 miles.

[​IMG]

“This validation by the EPA comes at a perfect time as the Mustang Mach-E is gearing up to take on the open road,” said Darren Palmer, global director, Battery Electric Vehicles, Ford Motor Company.

The California Route 1 has a targeted EPA-estimated range of 300 miles1 which will be confirmed once EPA officials complete their tests.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/11/23/2021-mustang-mach-e-epa-estimated-range.html

Customer deliveries for the Mustang Mach-E will start in December in the United States.

# # #

1Based on full charge. Targeted range applies to an available configuration. Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance, lithium ion battery age and state of health. California Route 1 final EPA-estimated ratings expected in the 2020 calendar year

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Powered

Powered New Member

SUV Comparison.png Nice bit of analysis and quite topical, 300 miles is a great range in my opinion, made this quick comparison with a few other cars and shows promise for the price
    [​IMG]

https://ibb.co/D7yM0DP

also discuss the topic here, keen to hear your feedback:

4. Recoil45

Recoil45 Active Member

Don’t you think the range number is extremely misleading?

Most EV manufactures only charging between 30 and 80%. That’s an off the bat 50% range reduction. Add in cold weather and you lose another 30-40%. Until we start being realistic about real EV range we turn away a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

In my experience with the Clarity, my range increased in the summer and was reduced in the winter. Given a full charge in good weather with no wind, I expect to exceed 300 miles with the Mach-E in daily driving. Highway driving will be interesting and am looking forward to those 70mph tests many EV youTubers do once the Mach-E comes out. What's more important for me and where I live, is getting more fast-charging infrastructure along the Interstate Highways and more of any kind of charging infrastructure everywhere else.

6. The official EPA ranges for the GT and GT Performance trim levels has now been released (see this thread for more about the GT edition).
    The Mustang Mach-E GT is rated at 250 miles.
    The Mustang Mach-E Performance Edition is rated for 235 miles.

SThomas219 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.