40k mile update

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Nov 25, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Hit 40000 miles/64000 km today.. Still getting amazing range... Around 300 miles @ 90% SoC, 330 @ 100%. I have been driving around town a lot lately without AC or heater use.. My estimated range would be lower if I would have done more highway trips.. Exterior and Interior are holding up great.. A couple of small stone chips on the exterior and Interior is still very nice.. Only wear is the back of the drivers seat as my son usually sits there and puts his feet against the back of the seat..
    Very happy with the car for the first 17 months of ownership..

20201125_184047.jpg 20201125_184043.jpg

BC-Doc, milesian, Joev and 1 other person like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. FloridaSun

charged the kona to 90%.. 309 mile range @ 90% 20201125_224450.jpg

4. CharlyM

CharlyM Member

232 miles / 373km of range at 77mph / 123km/h on cruise control here in California on highway 5. Granted it’s like 15C outside so it’s perfect conditions but still :)

FloridaSun likes this.
  5. Recoil45

Recoil45 Active Member

Aren’t major recall and safety notes missing from this post? Also 12v battery / starting issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. FloridaSun

The issue with the 12 Volt battery was my fault as one of my shopping bags blocked the hatch from closing and drained the battery.. No issues since. The recalls didn't affect my experience.. Had recalls on many other cars that I owned.. Even if the 12 V battery would go bad, it is not Hyundai's fault.. EV batteries tend to go bad as they never experience high amp draws. High amp draws loosen build up and extend battery life..

KiwiME likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.