So many EV's in Corado..

Discussion in 'General' started by FloridaSun, Oct 23, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I'm on vacation in Colorado.. My Hotel is in Broomfield and today, I've been driving through the area and saw at least 20 - 30 Teslas, many Leafs and 2 Audi Etron's.. It's almost like being in California...EV's seem to be popular here despite very low gas prices..

Sorry, had a typo in the title.. Can't change it anymore..

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Nice. It's great to see the prolification of EVs.

4. FloridaSun

I have never seen that many EV's outside of California. I'm frequently in the Northeast, NY, MD etc. and you don't see all that many EV's despite those states being ZEV states.. I see almost as many EV's in Florida than I seen when up the East Coast... I'm diving a gas guzzling Minivan as a rental... Well, not that gas guzzling.. Finished a 75mph 550 mile road trip yesterday and averaged over 26 mpg.. 2019 Grand Caravan...
    I'm hoping that there will soon be a long range Electric Minivan.. The only thing available in the US is the Chrysler Pacifica PHEV but the EV range is rather short..

5. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Also, EVs are not impacted by high altitudes except to go a little faster in the thin air.

Bob Wilson

Fastnf likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Frank K

Frank K Member

We just added 1 EV and 1 PHEV to the Colorado mix .. retiring and moving to Colorado :)

gooki likes this.
  9. Dislin

Dislin Member

Colorado has arguably the best tax incentive in the country, or did. $5k refundable state tax credit per vehicle. Too bad they have a bunch of taxes going on also.

Also, it seemed to be mostly in the Denver metro area as well, not so much in Springs or elsewhere from what I could see.

10. Rav

Rav Member

Another reason is that many Californians are moving to Colorado and bringing their "California ways" with them :)

11. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Well as long as they leave behind their Mirai ...

Bob Wilson

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Angelo

Angelo New Member

We live in Denver and I am frequently amazed at how many Teslas there are around town. Boulder is definitely another hot spot. We just bought a used e-Golf from Green Eyed Motors in Boulder - a used dealership that specializes in EV's - imagine that! Even during the winter months, we see a lot of Teslas set up with winter tires and ski racks in the mountains. Chargers are up and down the front range, but through the mountains seems pretty sparse other than Tesla superchargers.

bwilson4web likes this.
  14. FloridaSun

15. FloridaSun

It's not just Teslas.. I saw tons of other EV's too. I even saw a super rare Kia eNiro... Seeing an eNiro in the wild is extremely rare...

16. FloridaSun

It's not just Teslas.. I saw tons of other EV's too. I even saw a super rare Kia eNiro... Seeing an eNiro in the wild is extremely rare...