Ford Mustang Mach-E gets price reduction ahead of rollout

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by Domenick, Sep 29, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Andre Laurence likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

Got me to finally place an order. It also helped my tax professional confirmed I would qualify for the full Federal Tax Credit.

And, yes, I am keeping the ID.4 reservation for now as a backup.

Domenick and electriceddy like this.
  4. Until the EV incentive changes here in Canada, the only model eligible for rebates at the Federal and Provincial levels is the "Select" model as the other 2 models are over the $55K cap.
    This rules out the AWD version and the extended range version which would be my choice if I decided to purchase.
    Provincial : $3K
    https://electricvehicles.bchydro.com/incentives/EV-incentives-in-BC
    and Federal:$5K
    https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transportation/innovative-technologies/zero-emission-vehicles
    Finally the model list from Ford Canada:
    https://www.ford.ca/suvs/mach-e/2021/
    Select model $50,495 without AWD, W/AWD $55,995 (just over the cap):(

mho likes this.
  5. Congratulations! I hope you'll consider continuing to post about your experiences in the Mach-E sub-forum.
    Hopefully you won't need to switch to your backup ID.4. Not that it's not a good vehicle or value, I just think the Mustang Mach-E will be more fun to drive.

SThomas219 likes this.
  6. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

I had a few things to figure out with the Mach-e before I could order one. First, my Honda Clarity lease does not end until a year from now (10/2021) and I believe getting at the end of the line when I did should work work give or take a month or two. Second, was the Federal Tax Credit because, unlike a traditional lease, Ford Option puts the vehicle in the owner's name and the owner has to claim it on their taxes. Third, the Extended Range Premium was a bit out of my budget until Ford dropped the price $3K.

I would have been happy to lease an ID.4 and then give it back. With the Mustang Mach-e, I will be keeping and purchasing it with the balloon payment at the end of the Ford Option "lease".

Oh, yeah, you're right, the Mustang Mach-e will be a lot more fun to have. It will look like this...

[​IMG]

Fastnf likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Great price after the price drop and incentives. $15.5k of incentives and discount. But I think i will wait for next year's model so they can work out issues with the car.

9. I priced out the AWD ER a few days ago and it was nearly $80k. No thanks.

electriceddy likes this.
  10. Yes, I realized that the Mach-e RWD extended battery (my choice) and the Tesla Y are about the same price -- that was quite a shock. But, the Mustang does have the benefit of not having an uber-minimalist interior, while the Tesla has the benefit of a heat pump. Here in Ontario, Canada, I'm not sure which way to go.

Rob Fitzgerald likes this.
  11. Wow I wouldve thought Ford would give us a heat pump. Thats another hit against them for me.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. The federal i-zev program should be modified to increase the cap over $55K (for 6 seat vehicles or fewer) given the prices available, if Canada wishes to achieve it's zero emission sales targets.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7448683/canada-electric-car-target/
    If used electric cars could be included, additionally rebate based on MSRP - trade in value, that would go a lot further to achieve these goals;)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Rob Fitzgerald likes this.
  14. At least your province is more EV friendly than Onterrible.

electriceddy likes this.
  15. Casiano

Casiano New Member

Mine is being built now, and I still see the price as 56,000, is the $3000 coming off that price? Also, I saw in the article about “leasing” the Mach-E mention of a $4,100 incentive. Is that dealer specific? How do I get that?

16. Casiano

Casiano New Member

Are the incentives and discounts on all models?

17. GLOW

GLOW New Member

Hello, ive been curious, are the website payment calculations spot on? based on ford option. i didnt see an option for regular lease? still debating on my first ev.

18. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

Remember it does not add in any sales tax and fees. For Ford Red Carpet Lease info, contact a dealer. I found the calculations give a good starting point. However, search the Internet for spreadsheets people have created which will compare a loan, lease and Ford Options.

GLOW and Domenick like this.
  19. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

I did the build and price on the website then asked my salesman if it was accurate. He mentioned that he could probably be a bit better than the website.
    That was before my wife started working at the dealership in the finance office. I might now be able to get a real employee pricing.

Domenick, GLOW and electriceddy like this.
  20. GLOW

GLOW New Member

thank you. i called a few dealers waiting to see estimated prices

21. GLOW

GLOW New Member

nice goodluck! that will def hopefully help

aamyotte likes this.