HV didn't increase after I filled gas!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Kingemail, Oct 4, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kingemail

Kingemail Member

HV is the same as gas miles correct? My display showed 181 HV miles and 18 EV miles. After filling up the tank, approx 1.6 more gallons, the display still showed 181 HV miles. What an I missing????

And an update to my low range at full charge, on my 2018 clarity I just bought last week, I use to get 38 last week, now it's 41, but it's still not 48 as advertised!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

That happened to me as well. For some reason, just adding a gallon or two of gas doesn’t trigger the guess-o-meter to recalculate the range. If you let the tank drop to 50% and then fill up it will recalculate.

For your EV range just be patient. The range depends on the type of driving you are doing. If you are driving in the city after a few drives the calculation will go up. If you are going 80 on the highway all the time your range will be lower.

Kingemail likes this.
  4. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

Correct. Mu experience also.

5. stacey burke

stacey burke Active Member

You have a gas gauge on the right side of the panel just like every ICE car. If it is up all the way it is full, if it at the bottom it is empty. That gauge is not a guess and is what I use. I don't even have the guesses up on my gauge.

6. On the other end of the spectrum, my HV range estimate was sitting at 352 miles. HV has been used for a total of 13 miles the past 2 weekends. The range estimate now sits at 349.

Yes, that’s HV range, not Total range.

Kingemail likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

I’ve found that the HV estimate sometimes just changes even if I haven’t used the ICE. I’ve learned to not pay that close attention to it.

Mowcowbell likes this.
  9. Kingemail

Kingemail Member

Awesome thanks!

10. Kingemail

Kingemail Member

Thanks for all your responses. By the way is there a way to pm you guys that way I don't have to keep posting every question I got. Or should I keep doing it this way?

11. Keep posting. Or try the search feature that is available in the drop down menu, 3 small horizontal lines in the upper left corner of each page, to look for threads and posts that may be relevant to any new questions that develop.

insightman and Kingemail like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. zman0900

zman0900 New Member

Gas measurement in this car seems to be wildly inaccurate. The Honda Link app shows the gas gauge in five segments. I rarely use any gas, yet the guage seen in the app will often go down or even up by as much as a fifth after just driving a few miles in EV mode.

14. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Well, after my first gas fill up, the HV range was 999... Then I realized it was missing one of the updates dealer said they had applied...

15. zman0900

zman0900 New Member

Mine is a 2020, so I believe it is supposed to have those updates from the factory.