Price paid, plus dealer info

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GotEv?

GotEv? New Member

No they basically offset $1800 dealer discount and added the dealer add ons it’s still a great pride but I want to pay $27k Max.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MeSandy

MeSandy Member

Wow. Did anyone get Touring for $27K?

I will love to get Base for $24K if I can.

4. Yes, there are some great deals right now on the car. You could wait and try to get one for $27K, or you could wait and they could go back up to $30K or more.

It’s your gamble.

5. It seems like the price is a little higher here in Northern California. I am getting quotes for the Touring in the Bay Area just below $29k. I got my local dealer here in Folsom to match the Bay Area price plus $100 and he agreed not to charge me for all the useless dealer additions, so I think I am going to go in and pull the trigger this weekend. OTD price will be just under $32k.

6. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

I just got the Costco response, which was basically - go to the dealer (Folsom Lake) to see the price. I was really hoping to have that nailed down before I made the drive.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I started with Costco but soon realized you can get a much better price negotiating on your own. Especially with prices changing so rapidly. When I went the Costco route with Honda of Roseville in August, the incentive was $2,000 and the price offered was about $3,000 below MSRP, but that was still above some of the better prices reported in this forum at the time.

9. GotEv?

GotEv? New Member

Costco inquiry had a dealer reach and it was $11k off MsRp. Best deal out right now.

10. I have a hard time believing that. Do you have some specifics?

11. GotEv?

GotEv? New Member

If you make an inquiry via Costco the participating dealer will give you the structure including the $6500 incentive from honda. It’s upto the dealer if they want to discount the car more to make the deal. This dealer gave me $4200 discount on top of the Costco $6500. They did add Fb their dealer Accessories for $1800, so total is $28,200 plus TTL for a 2020 touring.

Robert_Alabama and BrianRC like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Can you tell me which dealer this was?

14. GotEv?

GotEv? New Member

Riverside honda

15. mikeEmike

mikeEmike New Member

This is maybe a naive question, but are there restrictions over a dealer's ability to give an incentive to an out of state buyer? I am in Washington and noticing MUCH better prices in OR and CA. However, Calif. dealers are telling me they can't honor internet price quotes due to my residency. e.g. "So it wouldn't be possible to finance it with you being out of state. Meeting a shipper in OR is possible but we'd still need you to come to the dealership to complete all paperwork. Shipping to OR would probably run $1000 and would keep you from paying CA sales tax. Additionally we could probably sell the Clarity at $1000 off MSRP but not at the internet price that was originally sent to you." Do they lose their incentives for some reason if the buyer is not local? I'm wondering if I might have better luck with the Oregon dealers, but fear the same sort of response. I'm seeing prices below $25K around Portland vs. above $30K near Seattle!

16. Based on my experience, i would say no.

As Oregon residents we purchased a Clarity from Mid City Motor World in Eureka, Ca. The car was delivered to Brookings, Or. The deal included the $5K incentive that was available at the time. The dealer informed us that another buyer from Washington was going to buy their last Clarity the following week, before the incentive was reduced to $4K.

Last year, Washington was waiving a significant amount of the sales tax on PHEV/EV purchases as well.

One member on this forum recently bought from a Ca dealer, at a reduced price, and had the car transported to their home state.

17. MeSandy

MeSandy Member

Do you see this $6500 Rebate in Washington? Usually these rebates are for 0 Emission States and not sure if Washington is one of them?

Since the rebate is controlled by HONDA, Dealer may have to follow the terms in it. It is also possible Dealer is taking advantage and not passing you the Rebate.

18. MeSandy

MeSandy Member

Are Dealer offering 1.9% for Clarity with this Rebate Price?

19. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

In the FWIW department, I just tried at Elk Grove Honda and the lowest they would go, OTD, was close to 38k. Clearly I'm not a good negotiator :) .

20. I believe that is correct. At least that is my expectation when I go in to buy one on Saturday.

21. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

Per the negotiating session I mentioned above, 1.9 is available for up to 60 months, 2.9 thereafter.

22. At the very least they should be offering the $6500 Honda incentive, which would bring a Touring model down to ~$31K +TTL, so maybe $34K OTD. Unless the sticker price is bloated with dealer add-ons, which are worth about 10 cents on the dollar, $38K is a walk out the door laughing price.

23. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

I walked out amused.

Another data point: I looked at two models. One was built 11/19 the other 1/20.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs