Running ICE after self ICE ran

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Nikko508, Aug 30, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

I have experienced the same behavior, with the white bar continuing for some time even after the car switched to EV. It goes away in a few more minutes. Don’t worry about it.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. JCA

JCA Active Member

Pretty sure that's the "System Check" mode; it happens every few weeks if you haven't otherwise caused the engine to start. It would be nice if it told us that's what it was doing, but it doesn't. The telltale sign is after the engine is warm, the "EV" indication comes back on and it sounds like the engine is off, but the gauge stays white; a few minutes later the engine starts again (EV off) and one more off-but-white then on cycle (15-20 minutes total) before the the blue bar and EV come back on for good.

It may not matter much, but personally I wouldn't interrupt it, assuming that it's doing *something* important with that time. Of course, working from home most of my trips these days are just a few miles so I often end up getting where I'm going before it's done. Last time I decided to be "nice" to it and drove around the area for another 15 minutes to let it finish before going to the grocery store, but that's just because the car really seems to miss our commute :)