3D MAXpider floor mats in my 2020 Clarity Touring...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Insighter, Sep 13, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Insighter

Insighter Active Member

My Clarity came with Honda's all-season, high wall floor mats, but they just don't cover enough of the footwell for me. I kept getting sand everywhere they didn't cover. I thought I'd get some WeatherTech mats, but I found some mads from a company called MAXpider. I liked the way they looked, so I bought them.

I really like them. They match the black interior very well, and look a lot higher end than the Honda or WeatherTech mats. They have a rubbery, textured surface.

I'm attaching some photos, and here is the Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HHSD9F1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Please note that while they are listed as being for the 2018-2019 Clarity, they fit my 2020 Clarity touring perfectly.
    driver-before-after.jpg IMG_5809.jpg IMG_5810.jpg
    IMG_5830.jpg IMG_5833.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

My main complaint with Honda's all-weather mats is that the driver's dead-pedal is left uncovered. However, when I received my 3D-Maxpider mats, I didn't like the big logos. Not only were they too big, but I believed they would get scuffed up with time and look worn.

I found it's easy to pop off the logo fasteners on the bottom of the floor mat (I don't believe they can be re-installed after removing them). I covered the underside of the holes with black electrical tape. First, I cut out a circle of electrical tape and attached it sticky-side-to-sticky-side to a larger piece of tape and positioned that circle under each hole I created by removing the logo piece.

4. Insighter

Insighter Active Member

I don't like the emblems, either. I called and asked if I could get a set without them, and they said I couldn't. I told them I'd buy a competitor's floor mats. It was a hollow threat.

5. insightman

I should have mentioned that removing the emblems uncovers a smooth, non-textured emblem-shaped area where the emblems used to be. However, I never notice that smooth area because it's black like the rest of the floor mat.

Insighter likes this.
  6. I have MaxPiders in my car or my wife's car (can't remember!). I really should see how they are faring after a few winters. Thanks for the reminder. :)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

I also have the 3DMaxpider mats. They do a great job covering everything I want them to, including the dead pedal area. Don't like the logo? Take a black permanent sharpie and color over it. :)

9. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

Just to compare - below Tuxmat pics, they are 30kkm old now. Front, back and trunk.
    FE836255-B4AA-42E3-8376-F9D271D3B212.jpeg 8C25F0D8-DDF3-4BDA-824E-411C583BB418.jpeg C1CFBD7F-7C76-44C5-B3B5-E77AF1E121DB.jpeg 4FD84660-0658-45A4-B94F-0D39912B4B52.jpeg 455EC6E1-AC74-4EE4-88F9-C8B6504033C5.jpeg

insightman likes this.
  10. 60Hertz

60Hertz Member

Got the 3D mats and love them. The logo doesn't bother me. I'm a big fan of WeatherTech, but I like the look of the 3Ds better in the Clarity. The textured surface gives it a more refined look than the more utilitarian WeatherTech mats. The 3D fit and coverage are excellent.

insightman likes this.
  11. MeSandy

MeSandy Member

Does it only come for Fronts? What about Back (Passenger) and Trunk?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

Honda's all-weather mats for the rear seats aren't too bad. I kept those when I dumped the fronts for the 3DMaxpiders. Haven't replaced the tiny Honda trunk mat yet. It's enough to catch the snow dripping from the wheels of my father's walker and easier to clean than a full-trunk mat.

14. MeSandy

MeSandy Member

Since we are talking about Protective Accessories here, any suggestions for Door Edge and Cup Guard? I got in Black and hence I really need something else scratches are easy to see.

Thanks