August 2020 Map Update Download

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Toolworker, Sep 3, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. A new map update is available for download here.

I'm wondering:
    • Will it work on a 32 Gb USB? The previous one wanted 64 Gb even though the update was about 29.
    • Will it bring back the option to reorder radio presets?
    • Will it allow Android Auto to use the full 10.25" display instead of a 6.75" window?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. When you try to update, if the car tells you this version is already installed, don't believe it. I just hit Update and it installed the new version. Details below.

As to features, reordering presets is still missing. And although running Android Auto on the 10.25" display was one of my reasons for getting an Ultimate, it is still crammed into 6.75".

Details: When I hit Update with the USB drive plugged in, it said:

20200903_101322.jpg

Checking the version, I saw:

20200903_101148.jpg

which shows a different SW Ver. number. Well, who's running things here - some programmer, or me the car owner? I hit Update, and some 25 minutes later the new version was installed:

20200903_104912.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Had the same 'already installed'. My guess is that firmware/software didn't change, only maps, maybe :)

5. johnparjr

johnparjr New Member

Yes out of the 4 things software wise that gets updated only 2 where updates

6. And one of the other two gives an error message that could scare many users from continuing.

Regarding the arrangement of radio presets feature, MapnSoft explains "This fix is something that is in our fall update (V14.10) which is at the end of the year near October. The currently released map update does not have this fix."

Again, kudos to MapnSoft for responsive customer support. I usually get straight, substantive answers from them.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I have had my car for 20 months and have never updated, mostly because the process seems... fraught. Is it worth it? Am I missing much?

9. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

It's really not that difficult, especially with the new installer. There have been some cosmetic changes and of course some updating of the data, but they continue to ignore the existence of one of the Island's major rivers, the Puntledge, while mislabelling the Tsolum.

10. Yes, the installer is an improvement. And it no longer leaves a 20+ GB file on your hard drive. But I didn't notice if it gave directions at the end on finding the update function on the car display.