Price Hike for Canada!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by css28, Aug 20, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. Hmmmm....can a Canadian individual buy and import a used US model?

3. That's a hefty increase, but on the bright side it should increase the value for existing Clarity owners in Canada.

4. Wow that's a big increase and a kick in the teeth to Canadians, especially with no additional features.

5. At $0.76 CAD/USD, the 2020 list price for the Canadian base model was arguably cheap at $31,152 USD. $44,505 CAD converts to 33,823.80 USD and I believe the Canadian model comes with battery heating, which the US model does not.

I also just noticed on honda.ca that the base model for 2021 is available in only four colors, with neither Moonlit Forest Pearl nor Crimson Pearl listed. The Touring has Crimson Pearl available.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. fusioncutter

fusioncutter New Member

The price hike is shocking! For that price I would have expected at least the updated infotainment system with the volume knob...

8. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

Yes, totally. I've spent approximately CAD $2200 (that's all in, cab to the airport, flight, gas, food, all import and inspection fees and duties/taxes) to bring a 2018 Clarity from San Antonio, TX to Vancouver, BC. About half of that amount was a federal tax at the border.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Did you get a Touring model so you can have the only powered Clarity seats in Canada? Vancouver's weather won't leave you wishing you had the battery heater Canadian models include. Also, you get a door covering the rear arm-rest cup-holders that I believe is not included on Canadian Claritys.

Bender likes this.
  10. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

I was on the fence about the Touring Model -- we have two pugs and they wouldn't have been kind to the suede detailing on the doors, the rear seat cover I have doesn't protect doors (to the point where one pug learnt how to roll the window down if I don't lock it).
    In the end, I got the 2018 base model (which also came with all-weather mats and trunk protector) for the same price as 2017 Chevy Volt Premier and it was too hard to pass.

insightman likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.