Price paid for Kona Electric

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Petrocelli, Sep 16, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. NRH

NRH Active Member

Bought in December, 2019 SEL, ~$1800 below MSRP (MSRP was ~$36,300 I think)

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sue

Sue New Member

I am in MA too and picked up an Ultimate for about $2500 off MSRP at the end of Jan. With the $7500 Fed credit plus $2500 MA rebate coming back, it is a very good deal. I was planning to buy a Limited, but I found an honest dealer who was willing to negotiate and matched my lease calc #s (a few tried to mess with me), and now I am very happy to have the heated steering wheel. Timing is everything, if they are trying to make their numbers they will be willing to work with you.

4. Car buying lore says that the best time to make a deal is in the middle of the week, middle of the day if possible when they are not busy with other customers, and close to the end of the month, when they are trying to make their numbers.

You can search inventory on each dealer's website. I got my best deal from the dealer with the largest inventory of Kona EVs.

And I found out they were having a sale by getting on their email list.

5. TIger

TIger New Member

Was offered 33.5k + TTL for SEL Model. Are you guys seeing these kind of prices or even lower? Did Hyundai come up with MFG discounts?

6. NRH

NRH Active Member

That's about the deal that I got in December.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. neworder

neworder New Member

What dealership were you offered a SEL for 33.5 + TTL?

9. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Via Inside EV: Take Advantage Of Massive Discounts On The Chevy Bolt EV
    " Choose from ~$10,000 off, a $200 monthly lease payment, or 0 APR plus ~$5,000 bonus cash"
    The deals,they should've done incentives earlier to move more Bolts before Hyundai released their better built, longer range BEV trinity[Soul EV coming],plus Model 3.The lack of charging network,only time based charging options is now also competing with Model Y.

10. TRSmith

TRSmith Member

Thread seems a bit inactive, but I'll post anyway.

2020 ultimate in grey, bought earlier this month in Maryland but registered in DC (where we don't pay sales tax on EVs).

Out-the-door: $44,320 ($1,080 under MSRP). Base price, before TTL: $43,605.40.

One thing I noticed when comparing prices across dealerships: A lot of them showed a marked-up "market price" as the base price, and then inevitably had a "discount." The discounted price was then below MSRP, but marking up the "market price" made it seem like a bigger discount than it really was.

11. Nice; sure makes a difference when sales tax doesn't have to get paid, enjoy your new car:)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I would make sure that you read the small print.. Very often those prices INCLUDE discounts like Military and College Student discounts.. Always need to read the small print..

14. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

I bought mine this weekend, used with about 20,000 miles (2019 SEL) for around $26,000, loving it so far.

electriceddy likes this.
  15. I don't suppose the lifetime battery warranty applies as this being the 2nd owner of a 2019, but a really good price regardless, enjoy:)

16. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

The funny thing is I can't find anything in writing about a lifetime warranty applying in the U.S. to even the first time owner. I do know for sure that I have a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty on pretty much everything thanks to the financing company getting the dealer to include the extended warranty at no extra cost (no, I don't know why or how), it is actually more than what would normally be covered after 5 years. Not having been able to find the lifetime warranty verbiage in writing, I cannot say for sure if it applies to the 2nd owner.

On Hyundai's website, it still says 10 years/100,000 miles for the battery warranty no matter what: https://www.hyundaiusa.com/us/en/vehicles/kona-electric

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  17. I specifically asked about this when I leased my Kona. The lifetime warranty on the battery apply only to the original purchaser. I asked about a lease and they said it continues to apply if the lease holder chooses to buy the Kona at the end of the lease other wise it ends at the end of the lease.

18. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

I still haven't found anything that even the original owner gets the lifetime warranty. Either way, even 10 years/100,000 miles is the best any EV manufacturer offers in the U.S. Kia does match, but no one else goes beyond the mandatory 8 years. And they guarantee that it doesn't drop below 70% for the entire warranty as near as I can tell.

19. I copied this from the official Hyundai website

**The Lifetime Electric Battery Warranty applies to all U.S. 2019 model-year Kona Electrics. The Lifetime Electric Battery Warranty ensures that if the lithium polymer battery fails, Hyundai will replace the battery and cover recycling costs for the old battery free of charge to the original owner. The Lifetime Electric Battery Warranty excludes coverage for vehicles placed in commercial use (e.g., taxi, route delivery, rental, etc.).

Here is the link. zits at the bottom of the page.
    https://www.hyundaiusa.com/us/en/vehicles/kona-electric/compare-specs

Also if you do a search of the threads you will find more info as it has been talked about extensively in other threads. Here is one of those threads:

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/battery-warranty-and-brain-dead-hyundai-customer-service-rant.9224/#post-104177

20. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Interesting, but it is not in any of the paperwork, just on the website, I wonder how hard of a time an original owner would have getting the battery handled. I also wonder how mine would be handled as a certified preowned vehicle where some of the paperwork even says it is a new vehicle. Hopefully I never need to find out.

21. If that's the case with a vehicle driven 20,000 miles, than mine must still be on the factory assembly line (a little over 10,000 km):D

22. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Lol, so true, right?

23. So it's 2/25/2021 today. Are people finding that dealers are willing to sell at a lower price to get ready for the 2022 units coming this spring? I was given what I thought was a good offer for a 2020 Kona Ultimate : 3 year , 15K per miles a year lease. $41,905 selling price. $ 177 payment a month. Obviously does not include state taxes, registration ect... Others??