wondering if my maintenance reminder is working

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ProspectiveBuyer, Jul 14, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I haven't gotten a service reminder in a very long time and am starting to wonder if this is normal. The last time I had my car serviced was January 28th, 2020. But I haven't gotten a service reminder from the car and it's almost 6 months now. Should I schedule a service appointment regardless at this point?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

I tend to trust the maintenance reminder, and would vote for no additional service.

How many miles have you driven?

turtleturtle likes this.
  4. I've driven about 5,400 miles since my last service.

5. The reminder should occur around 7500 miles or 12 months.

6. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

ProspectiveBuyer

Below is a link to the thread which posts data collected off a Clarity maintenance minder(MM) and pretty clearly shows the logic behind the MM process. Hopefully this will help you cipher what goes on behind the magic curtain and figure out the status of the Clarity you drive.

https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/a-day-in-the-life-of-the-clarity-maintenance-minder.8189/

Good luck!

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. stacey burke

stacey burke Active Member

My reminder came up one week short of 1 year, about 10,000 miles. The only thing I did was to have my tires rotated and cleared the tire rotation when it was done.

9. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Then it doesn’t need service yet. It’s working.

10. TomL

TomL Active Member

Same for me. Just don't have enough ICE miles to warrant oil change et al. Low maintenance is not an empty promise with this car.

11. currypotter

currypotter New Member

I hear what you are saying. My minder 4 months ago said two months. I think it is as a result of Covid and less driving and that driving for me is more electric than gas. I will be doing an oil change at 12 months even if the minder does not tell me to. I am nervous about oil dilution (moisture in the oil) from short periods of the engine firing up. I know Honda has coded the engine to stay on to avoid this, but for the sake of $70..........

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

$70??? In NJ, pretty much all Honda dealers give you free oil changes for life... Maintenance due in a week. $10 for the tire rotation and free oil change and multi point inspection. Already got a new cabin filter.

14. Well, if that’s not enough to convince someone to move to NJ, what is?

15. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

wawa, bagels and pizza.

16. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Did the last maintenance in January following MM prompt, six months after the previous one. Dealer said next one would be in 6 months/5000 miles, whichever came first. Now courtesy of Covid-19 I have driven just like 1200 miles since January. Checked MM and it says service due in 5 months. So I guess it would be December.