Bug & Features Feedback

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob Lay, Oct 3, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Why do you need a second Motor 1 account to comment on the main page? My Insideev account doesn't work.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Are you talking about the Disqus comment section on Motor1.com and InsideEVs.com? You should be able to use the Disqus account on any site with a Disqus system.

bwilson4web likes this.
  4. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

My avatar has started disappearing when I visit another site and then return, altho I remain signed in to Disqus. Have to refresh the page to see my avatar again. Other peoples' avatars seem unaffected.

However, I don't call for any Moderator/ staff action unless other people report the same problem. I installed a cookie auto-delete extension for my (FireFox) browser just the other day, and it's possible that's interfering.

5. I assume you're talking about the InsideEVs news website and not the Forum. If that's the case, the disappearing avatar would be related to Disqus and possibly your browser. I don't think I've seen this particular issue, but Disqus can act strangely sometimes.

6. Pushmi-Pullyu

Sorry! Yes, I should have made it clear the problem is on InsideEVs News site, and not on this forum.

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pushmi-Pullyu

Problem seems to have vanished. Perhaps it was interference from a particular ad? Anyway, I'm glad it didn't last.

Domenick likes this.
  9. I became a subscriber. Not primarily to support this site, although it deserves the support and I don't begrudge it.

But I got tired of having something random happen right in the middle of typing a reply because an ad changed somewhere on the page. As a subscriber, the ads are gone and so is the problem.

Domenick and bwilson4web like this.
  10. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

The pop ups are so annoying that I find this the first forum I truly cannot use. Often they totally flip the page and throw me out of my edit. I have to go find where I was in the forum and reconnect. Please fix it.

11. @GeorgeS, I've started a private conversation with you, but there shouldn't be pop-ups here. If anyone sees one, please take a screenshot and share it with me in a conversation (direct message). Thanks!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

There is light-gray, round dot that indicates a thread has not been read. Is there an option to give it a higher contrast color? Solid black or other dark colors would be great or even 'green' like showing a folder has unread threads.

Bob Wilson

14. Ya know, I never noticed this before. I can definitely ask.

15. While you're asking about colors, Domenick - I am happy to be identified as a subscriber, but would prefer a more dignified color than day-glo yellow. It's so in-your-face. Perhaps a classy gold or bronze?

16. I hear you. I'll bring this up as well.

17. Jack

Jack Administrator

Here are some presets we can choose from...
    Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 12.04.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 12.03.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 12.03.15 PM.png

I chose a less aggressive color and green fits community theme. Let me know your thoughts, otherwise we will have to do a custom theme.

Toolworker and electriceddy like this.
  18. Jack

Jack Administrator

Thanks for the suggestion. I have changed it to green (and when you hover over text) Let us know if you find it changed other parts of the site negatively

Toolworker likes this.
  19. Thanks. I like the subscriber green. It still pops, but in a pleasant way, and as you say, fits the theme.
    This is definitely better. With apologies for being a perfectionist, I'll comment that a little darker green would be even more visible for both the dot and the hover, and more consistent with the text on the hover.

Domenick likes this.
  20. Jack

Jack Administrator

Ok I made it darker, Can also go back to grey and add a green hue to it

Toolworker likes this.
  21. Better. Did you change the hover color too?

22. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thank YOU!

Navigating on an iPhone is significantly easier with the more easily seen DOT.

Bob Wilson

Domenick and Jack like this.
  23. Jack

Jack Administrator

I cannot seem to figure out the hover color. Will contact development